Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV listings not found on web site

New Poster

TV listings not found on web site

The web page "http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings-xtvapi" is not found when requested.  This started 7/21 evening.  Worked prior to that time.

Contributor

Re: TV listings not found on web site

This should be resolved

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings-xtvapi should redirect you to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings

If you're unable to see the page, can you try clearing your browser's cache and clicking the link again?

Thanks

- Jessica

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. When I sign into Xfinity, I can get to webmail and all the other options but NOT the TV listings. I've always been able to get the TV listings until now. Instead, I get the following message:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Frequent Visitor

I have cleared my cache several times. Neither of the links you provided work, I get the same error message that I just posted --

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Frequent Visitor

Mine is also showing the same error. I tried both of the links posted by Jessica

and they both led to the same error message. Please help.

Valued Contributor

Instead of Comcast giving its generic response to every problem saying to clear cache etc why not just fix the problem.

Frequent Visitor

It's not the browser cache, or anything else on the client side. I'm having the same error on three different machines.

Valued Contributor

Comcast always tries to pin the problem on the customer rather then fix it. That's why it is taking them over 3 days and the problem still isn't resolved. I have tried on three different machines and even with dsl and get the same issue. It is a Comcast problem. Fix it.

Regular Visitor

Just wasted 40 minutes "chatting" with Comcast about this problem. Got bounced to 4 different "experts", and finally gave up. The last came on-line with "Oh, I understand you're having trouble streaming videos". 

Regular Visitor

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings doesn't exist anymore. I've been unable to get to it for a couple of days. I get the message Page Cannot Be Found..I'm using Win7, IE 11, and have been abble to get to that page for months with no problem. It's not our computers, it's Comcast's web site.

Contributor

OK Comcast Jessica, the link in your answer doesn't even work.  I have been patient for a few days, but I really think Comcast should fix the problem. 

Don't tell me to clear my cache - I have already tried that.

Frequent Visitor

Jessica, do you understand that the links you posted that supposedly will get us to the right place, don't work???

Valued Contributor

As usuall typical Comcast approach to a problem. Ignore it in hopes it will eventually go away rather then do anyhting about it. What a bunch of incompetents work for Comcast.

Valued Contributor

I have some follow-up information directly from a Comcast Billing rep. concerning this issue. She informed me I can be compensated for the days I was unable to use the tv lsiting just have to call billing back when it is fixed so they know how many days it hasn't been working. Maybe if enough of us ask for compensation they will fix the issue sooner then later.

Contributor

OK, I just went over to Firefox, and the web page is working there. 

So it must be a problem with Explorer.  Anyone know what is going on with that?

Regular Visitor

The listings page works with Firefox but not Explorer.

But, it isn't an IE problem, it's something on Comcast's end.

If a Comcast person would use an up to date version of IE and Win7, they'd see what we're complaining about.

Frequent Visitor

I'm getting the same error on Firefox, and IE 11 with Win7u.

Contributor

I was on the chat site with a Comcast "expert" for about an hour today, and he says it is an Internet Explorer problem, and to uninstall it and reinstall it.  Easier said than done.  IE is not listed on my computer's "uninstall a program" list.

How does one uninstall IE in that case?

I tried to reinstall IE from the Microsoft site, but I just get the message that I already have it, duh.  Then I chatted with a Microsoft "expert," and he wanted $99  to help me.

I too am using Chrome just to pull up the TV Listings page.

Regular Visitor

BING search referred me to this MSFT website to remove IE 11:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/how-to-uninstall-internet-explorer...

That site referred me to:

http://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7

I don't feel like taking the time to do this now; if I do, I'll post the results here.

(I'm not convinced it's an IE caused problem.)

Valued Contributor

I did an un install and reinstall of IE11 and it reasolved the problem for me.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for letting us know, Jeff. I may do it later today.

Frequent Visitor

I use Firefox and it's still not working on that browser. I reset Firefox completely and that didn't solve the problem.

Oddly, it DOES work on IE and Chrome, two browsers I almost never use!

Regular Visitor

I also use the latest version of Firefox & get the same error message about

the server redirecting the page constantly/in a never-ending loop. The only way

to get it to work is to put an exception in the "cookies" list. (Disable cookies

for the TV listings page)

But doing that, I can't change the zip code or see my favorites listed! (The

cookie saves that- but with cookies disabled, I don't have them saved!)

Frequent Visitor

barbc88:

In your control panel, click "Programs and Features"...then click "Turn windows features on or off" (located in the left navigation panel.) This is where you can uninstall IE or other Windows features.

And hey Comcast, my TV Listings are still broken. Let's get it together!

Frequent Visitor

Well believe it or not, I cleared my cookies only (not form data or history etc) And when I went back to the site and logged in, everything worked fine.

My issue is resolved, good luck to the rest of you guys.

Contributor

Clearing cookies only worked for me too.  I had cleared everything several times, but this time I just left cookies checked, and all of a sudden I can pull up the listings page.

Thanks! mrstephenlee123.

Regular Visitor

Wierd.

In IE 11, I turned cookies off (Internet Options, Privacy, Advanced). When I tried to get to the TV Listings, I got an Xfinity page telling me to turn my cookies on. I did. Now I can get the TV Listings and the ability to change channels from my PC (Win7) works.

Firefox has always worked correctly, but I normally only use IE.

I'm glad I didn't have to uninstall and install IE.

Frequent Visitor

I helped XFINITY solve this a couple months ago but do not have the two hours of time it took to convince them they have to have an engineer go in and reset the website.  When they do that, you have to sign out, sign back in, and it will work again.  I'll check in a couple days and see if they know what they are doing.

New Poster

When I go to view the TV listings on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings I get "This page can't be displayed".  It was working fine until 7/21/14.  I tried adding it to Compatibility View, clearing out cookies and history, but nothing works. I have IE 11 and Win 8.1.

Frequent Visitor

You should read all the posts in this thread.

Frequent Visitor

I used the somewhat radical solution and (on Firefox) deleted all cookies. That worked for me. Most of the cookies get recreated anyway, when you visit favorite sites.

I was always able to get the TV listings via IE and Chrome, just not Firefox, which is my primary browser.

Hope this helps.

Regular Visitor

Nice idea, Jessica.  It would be an even better idea if it actually worked!  Comcast, why can't you finally get your act together?????

New Poster

I did read all the posts in the thread. I tried clearing everything as well as the cookies only, yet I still get "This page can't be displayed".

New Poster

Looks like something got fixed. It works now.

Regular Visitor

Sometimes it seems that we have become the unofficial BETA testers for Comcast. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you Comcast for resetting the TV listings website.  It works well again.

If I could suggest something - how about having an engineer check it daily, or at least evey couple days.

Waiting to count the number of people in the message board having problems, a one minute download would make detection easy.

New Poster

My tv listing has not worked for weeks and I have done all the suggestions. Please Comcast fix my problem

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 36 replies
  • 14 kudos
  • 13 in conversation