Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV listings for 23231 zip code

Frequent Visitor

TV listings for 23231 zip code

Since Oct. 6, in my area, most of the channel numbers in the 200’s have been discontinued, so why am I still seeing them in my TV listings on the website?  If I remove the 200 channel from my favorites, the 800 channel number also disappears.  Apparently they are somehow linked together.  I am so tired of most of my favorite channels being listed twice, for example, ABC family channel #245 and #881.  I have been putting up with that for a LONG time.  How can I get rid of the now defunct 200 channel numbers?  I am afraid I will click on the wrong channel to record a show on my DVR and it won't record.  

Edited 11/25/15:  Comcast, please reply.  Also, please see my reply to Bruce W's reply to my initial post, which may make things clearer.  Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: TV listings for 23231 zip code

Frequent Visitor

Thank you, Bruce, for your reply.  I am talking about the TV listings on the Comcast website on the computer and not the on-screen TV Guide on the TV.  It is somewhat annoying having duplicates of most favorites, but the bigger problem is having discontinued, nonexistent channel numbers (those in the 200's) still appearing on the TV listings.  I would appreciate a reply from someone at Comcast, or anyone with any knowledge of this issue.  If there is no fix, that is fine, but I would just like a reply from Comcast.  Thanks.  

Service Expert

acpugliese wrote:

Thank you, Bruce, for your reply.  I am talking about the TV listings on the Comcast website on the computer and not the on-screen TV Guide on the TV.  It is somewhat annoying having duplicates of most favorites, but the bigger problem is having discontinued, nonexistent channel numbers (those in the 200's) still appearing on the TV listings.  I would appreciate a reply from someone at Comcast, or anyone with any knowledge of this issue.  If there is no fix, that is fine, but I would just like a reply from Comcast.  Thanks.  

Comcast rarely makes replies to individual posts in this peer-to-peer support area....  To contact Comcast directly, use any of the listed ways in this link:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/We-Can-Help/m-p/2634629#U2634629

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, geek 46, for your reply.  As stated in the information in your post, Comcast employees do make replies to posts in this forum, with their usernames in red letters.  That is what I meant by wanting a reply from Comcast.  If no one in this forum has a solution to my issue, I will do as you suggest.  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation