Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV listing for all channels

Regular Contributor

TV listing for all channels

While this topic could fall under internet / website  I feel it should be here.   I am a basic standard subscriber no X1 (I do not need or want it in my life my monthly bill is expensive enough and from what I have seen is not worth the cost)  While on my computer conducting my daily work, I want to check the program listing on the Comcast website  up until two months ago I would go to Comcast.com and under tv listing  find  all the local and cable channels in my area in a four hour grid that would have the channel name, and actual program that was on and maybe the rating ( G, PG, MA).  

Currently when I go to https://tv.xfinity.com/listings   and look for it the closest is  Live TV   but that list a general listing nation wide and links to streaming online something I do not want  the simple thing of checking what is on while on my computer to later view on my television is what I am looking for.

I know it is just as easy to go to my tv and check the Xfinity TV Listings ( formally TV Guide menu using my standard DTA box) but if at work how can I do this?   No one at the overseas call or chat centers seems to understand and it is obvious they are not here in the US using  Comcast but rather reading from scripts.

Can an expert point me to the website which is no where to be found that list my local  and cable listings for programs for  4 plus hours.

Thank You.

Service Expert

Re: TV listing for all channels

Sevebp wrote:

While this topic could fall under internet / website  I feel it should be here.   I am a basic standard subscriber no X1 (I do not need or want it in my life my monthly bill is expensive enough and from what I have seen is not worth the cost)  While on my computer conducting my daily work, I want to check the program listing on the Comcast website  up until two months ago I would go to Comcast.com and under tv listing  find  all the local and cable channels in my area in a four hour grid that would have the channel name, and actual program that was on and maybe the rating ( G, PG, MA).  

Currently when I go to https://tv.xfinity.com/listings   and look for it the closest is  Live TV   but that list a general listing nation wide and links to streaming online something I do not want  the simple thing of checking what is on while on my computer to later view on my television is what I am looking for.

I know it is just as easy to go to my tv and check the Xfinity TV Listings ( formally TV Guide menu using my standard DTA box) but if at work how can I do this?   No one at the overseas call or chat centers seems to understand and it is obvious they are not here in the US using  Comcast but rather reading from scripts.

Can an expert point me to the website which is no where to be found that list my local  and cable listings for programs for  4 plus hours.

Thank You.

If I understand your question, it sounds like you are not logging on with your default Comcast userid/password.

But the guide only goes 2 hours forward, so you will have to use a third-party web site to get up to four hours ahead.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Hi Stevebp, RobertWy suggested 3rd party websites, but no examples..    For years I had been using, in conjunction with the - comcas . net  tv listings page -,   http://www.zap2it.com   ;  I now have to rely on that completely for tv listings.

Other choices I could suggest:    http://www.tv.com/listings/        and     http://titantv.com/

Comcast has given us a NEW WAY TO WATCH TV,  their new way is not for everyone..  I'm one of those.  

Hope the choice of alternative tv listings help.

ciao, bj

Official Employee

Sevebp wrote:

Thank You.

Hi, I checked your account and see that you are a video-only subscriber (no XFINITY Internet). The new experience is geared around streaming. For most customers (i.e. those with video + Internet), they will see the full channel lineup because that can all be streamed in the apps or portal while connected to their in-home networks. Without Internet, there is no way for us to ever know that you are in-home, therefore we auto-apply a filter called "Available Out of Home" which removes the in-home channels.

To view your full lineup, you should use the XFINITY TV Remote app for iOS or Android. If you prefer to use the web, there are numerous 3rd party TV listings sites such as TV Guide and Zap2it.

XFINITY TV is geared around consumption with XFINITY TV Remote being used for the discovery and control features for your set-top box.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm a tv(streaming)/internet subscriber yet I'm unable to see any channel listings online at https://tv.xfinity.com/listings . Why is that??  Its been like that all week now so I havent been able to watch tv at all.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation