Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV Remote App can't find my cable box anymore

Frequent Visitor

TV Remote App can't find my cable box anymore

I have been using the TV remote apps for a year and it was working just fine. It stopped working a couple days ago. I tried to chat online with the support and ended up wasting 2 hours, being transfered 5 times (one time I was even transferred to the phone department, WTH), and they were still trying to figure out what my issue was. So I gave up and decided to try my luck here.

I tried to uninstall and install the app. After signing in, I'm getting a screen that says"We are unable to find any cable boxes eligible for TV control". My cable box has been working fine for over a year. That's weird. The model is MOTOROLA PR150BNMR is it matters.

I am also unable to change channel from the website either. When I click on "Watch Channel" from the TV listing, nothing happens on the cable box.

Any one have any ideas? Yes I have tried to power cycle the cable box. Thanks.

New Poster

Re: TV Remote App can't find my cable box anymore

I am having the same problem. Comcast was no help.
Service Expert

delingren wrote:

I have been using the TV remote apps for a year and it was working just fine. It stopped working a couple days ago. I tried to chat online with the support and ended up wasting 2 hours, being transfered 5 times (one time I was even transferred to the phone department, WTH), and they were still trying to figure out what my issue was. So I gave up and decided to try my luck here.

I tried to uninstall and install the app. After signing in, I'm getting a screen that says"We are unable to find any cable boxes eligible for TV control". My cable box has been working fine for over a year. That's weird. The model is MOTOROLA PR150BNMR is it matters.

I am also unable to change channel from the website either. When I click on "Watch Channel" from the TV listing, nothing happens on the cable box.

Any one have any ideas? Yes I have tried to power cycle the cable box. Thanks.

Would your device be by chance an APPLE product?  Did you recently upgrade the Operating System....APPLE has pushed out 2 upgrades on top of each otehr recently and all APP developers are having to play "catch-up" to ensure that each app works and is reengineered for the upgrades....   Just asking is all...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Yes it's an iPhone. But I have not upgraded iOS recently. Plus, I can't change channel from comcast's website either. Smiley Sad

New Poster

Mine and my wife's aren't working as well. They are also by chance Apple products but that has nothing to do with it (I suspect geek46 is droid fan by the way the question was phrased). Website doesn't see either TV and when I went to menu on the DVR and removed remote access and tried to add it back to the box, the website sys I have no compatible TVs on our account.

If we weren't waiting for Uverse, I would be looking at a TiVo because we have had nothing but trouble with these boxes
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation