Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV Listings not saving favorites

Frequent Visitor

TV Listings not saving favorites

Thanks, it seems like the TBDs in 61614 have been eliminated.  Much appreciated.

Can I ask another possibly related question (although probably not directly related.  I'll start a new thread if that's the best way to go)?  

I've had a problem for a while with my favorites changing without me changing them.  This was happening for quite a long time with the favorites I set up on the guide on the actual box.  It seemed to coincide with when Comcast made channel lineup changes (although I could be wrong on that).  But, for example, it would - every few months - add the regular def channels of hd channels that I had set up as favs into my list.  It would almost always add the cspan 1, 2 and 3 900 channels - when I had my favs set up as the cspan channels in the 400s.

The odd thing was, a couple days ago, the same thing happened to the my favorites list that I set up on the website...and as I've been doing for a long time on the box, I've had to go through and weed those out of my online list.  Is this a problem that's been addressed before? 

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: TV Listings

Wow, just wasted another hour setting up my favs and they've changed again...oddly adding the regular definition channels in place of the hd equivlalent.    

Official Employee

RyanMadden wrote:

Wow, just wasted another hour setting up my favs and they've changed again...oddly adding the regular definition channels in place of the hd equivlalent.    

Our favorites feature checks your favorites selections against the rest of the channel lineup, and adds other channels that have the same call signs to your favorites as well. We do this so that you can identify all of the channels, including HD channels, where you can watch your favorite shows.

Some lineups actually have network channels (including CBS, NBC, etc) on 3 - 4 different stations, which would make a favorites list look repetitive. Unfortunately right now, there's no way to "un-favorite" one without the other(s). We're working on making this feature more customizable in the future.

Thank you very much for the feedback, though, and stay tuned for enhancements in the near future!

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Sorry, but that seems really goofy.  I thought the entire point of setting up a favorites list was that they were "my" favorites.  It's really useless if you guys are adding things in...and subtracting things out.  I might as well just look at the entire list.

Also, you say - "...which would make a favorites list look repetitive."  That exactly the result of your additions to my favorites list.  For example, I had set up my list (Peoria IL 61614) for CSPAN 1, 2 & 3 - 445, 446 & 447. Right after I set up the list, it completely removed 445...and added CSPAN 2, 975...when it was also in my list as 446.  Both reg def.  So CSPAN 1 is gone entirely...and CSPAN 2 is listed twice.  That's just one example.

You guys are overthinking this.  You say - "We're working on making this feature more customizable in the future"...when you should have made it completely customizable from the start. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation