Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV Listings no longer display - completely blank...

Frequent Visitor

TV Listings no longer display - completely blank...

My TV listings are blank now!  Only on my laptop.  WHAT changed? Is there a driver, a plug-in or sometthing that is required for it to display properly?  HELP!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: TV Listings no longer display - completely blank...

amac212 wrote:

My TV listings are blank now!  Only on my laptop.  WHAT changed? Is there a driver, a plug-in or sometthing that is required for it to display properly?  HELP!

Make sure that no filters are on. If any of the filters on the left hand side of the grid are highlighted blue, please click them again to turn them off.

Also, try deleting your cookies and cache and then try again.

If the problem still persists, try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

No filters, no cookies, I've used Firefox for these tv listings for several years on a daily basis with no problems.  All of a sudden, not displaying!  I tried another browser (which I never use) and sure enough.. it's blank too.  Does that help rule in / rule out? I feel so lost not being able to see what's on  ;-p

Official Employee

amac212 wrote:

No filters, no cookies, I've used Firefox for these tv listings for several years on a daily basis with no problems.  All of a sudden, not displaying!  I tried another browser (which I never use) and sure enough.. it's blank too.  Does that help rule in / rule out? I feel so lost not being able to see what's on  ;-p

Try going to the XFINITY TV page and then hold in the Ctrl key and click On Your TV at the top of the page. 

Let me know if your listings appear.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Interesting... when I do that it says "TBD" for every cell. 

Official Employee

amac212 wrote:

Interesting... when I do that it says "TBD" for every cell. 

Are you signed into the site?

Do you have the right zip code and service area selected?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

Yes I'm logged in but it's not giving me an opton to change the zip.  I've not noticed this oddness and whether this has always been like this (since this problem started),, or if it's just a "new and separate" problem today - it was never a problem prior.

What it says right above the TV grid, on the left,  where I'm used to seeing the zipcode is:

TV listings recommended by Comcast Change Location

The "Change Location" is a hyperlink.  If I click it, it opens the box where you used to be able to change the zip, select your specific type of cable service and choose channels. 

In the box on the left it's titled "Choose your service area" and below that it says "first let's make sure we have your channel lineup."  Below that it has this: 

DAC: 116_9
Then below that it says "SERVICE AREA:"  (nothing more - no zip)
Below that is the only item in the list:  Comcast Recommended Lineup.

I have never seen this before.  Can't change anything.  Help!
Frequent Visitor

Can you please HELP ME??? I've been checking every day for a response.  What is going on?  One day it's fine and the next it's not.  I changed nothing and I rely on this as my tv listing.  HELP!!!

Frequent Visitor

PLEASE HELP ME!!  Have you seen my posts??

Official Employee

amac212 wrote:

Joe,

Yes I'm logged in but it's not giving me an opton to change the zip.  I've not noticed this oddness and whether this has always been like this (since this problem started),, or if it's just a "new and separate" problem today - it was never a problem prior.

What it says right above the TV grid, on the left,  where I'm used to seeing the zipcode is:

TV listings recommended by Comcast Change Location

The "Change Location" is a hyperlink.  If I click it, it opens the box where you used to be able to change the zip, select your specific type of cable service and choose channels. 

In the box on the left it's titled "Choose your service area" and below that it says "first let's make sure we have your channel lineup."  Below that it has this: 

DAC: 116_9
Then below that it says "SERVICE AREA:"  (nothing more - no zip)
Below that is the only item in the list:  Comcast Recommended Lineup.

I have never seen this before.  Can't change anything.  Help!

What is your zip code and service area?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

21211, Digital

Contributor

You might try http://tvlistings.zap2it.com as an alternative.  I use both, mostly for a PC with a CableCARD.  Be sure to enter your zip code there, too, plus your provider and possibly the "tier" to which you subscribe.

Hope that helps.

Official Employee

amac212 wrote:

21211, Digital

Do you have any firewall or anti-virus software installed on your computer? If so, make sure that you are allowing to pass through.

Also, are you getting an error message or is the whole grid blank?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

1.  No firewall but of course I use anti virus software.  Ludicrous to think it's affecting the website, however.

2.  NO error message.  Each cell in the grid says "TBD" now, since you had me ctrl-click the TV tab.  (Please re-review above conversation). 

This is very frustrating.  I'm not interested in sharing my personal info with another tv listing site just to see what I used to see with Comcast.  As I mentioned previously in the thread, I've been using these tv listings on a daily basis since getting cable.  I have not had any display problems, even when you changed the interface.  Then... overnight - gone.  Obviously SOMETHING is required to view it - a driver? java something or other? flash? WHAT???? It's got to be something. I have made no changes to my computer.  All else being equal, the page just no longer displays.  And for that matter, I never had a problem having it display whether I logged in, whether I used the the correct service type etc.  Please help me get this escalated to technical support.  We're going on 3 weeks now.

Official Employee

amac212 wrote:

1.  No firewall but of course I use anti virus software.  Ludicrous to think it's affecting the website, however.

2.  NO error message.  Each cell in the grid says "TBD" now, since you had me ctrl-click the TV tab.  (Please re-review above conversation). 

This is very frustrating.  I'm not interested in sharing my personal info with another tv listing site just to see what I used to see with Comcast.  As I mentioned previously in the thread, I've been using these tv listings on a daily basis since getting cable.  I have not had any display problems, even when you changed the interface.  Then... overnight - gone.  Obviously SOMETHING is required to view it - a driver? java something or other? flash? WHAT???? It's got to be something. I have made no changes to my computer.  All else being equal, the page just no longer displays.  And for that matter, I never had a problem having it display whether I logged in, whether I used the the correct service type etc.  Please help me get this escalated to technical support.  We're going on 3 weeks now.

We have a known issue where some customers are seeing an error message that says "trouble loading grid, reload your browser" and reloading is not working. Besides the error message and the TBD listings, it seems like a very similar issue. Please follow this thread for updates:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/My-Xfinity-grid-for-TV-listings-will-not-load/m-p/143...

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Zap2it.com does not require any personal information, just your zip code and cable provider.  Just trying to give you an alternative while you deal with Comcast trying to get their act together.

Good luck.

Frequent Visitor

I appreciate that there is a known issue that is similar to mine, but it's not the same and it doesn't make sense for me to follow a thread that is different than mine (and which seems to have been fixed?).  I have absolutely no error messages nor am I prompted to refresh my browser.  The grid just says "TBD" in every cell, no matter what zipcode I change it to (yes, now I am getting the option to change the zipcode... alas that does NOTHING to resolve the problem).  Whether I'm logged in or not - all I get is TBD in every cell.  This is so, so frustrating but I'm hopeful that this will get resolved by Comcast sooner rather than later.  WHAT did Comcast do and can they just revert back to the UNBROKEN version??  If no - then how do we get this fixed?   

Official Employee

amac212 wrote:

I appreciate that there is a known issue that is similar to mine, but it's not the same and it doesn't make sense for me to follow a thread that is different than mine (and which seems to have been fixed?).  I have absolutely no error messages nor am I prompted to refresh my browser.  The grid just says "TBD" in every cell, no matter what zipcode I change it to (yes, now I am getting the option to change the zipcode... alas that does NOTHING to resolve the problem).  Whether I'm logged in or not - all I get is TBD in every cell.  This is so, so frustrating but I'm hopeful that this will get resolved by Comcast sooner rather than later.  WHAT did Comcast do and can they just revert back to the UNBROKEN version??  If no - then how do we get this fixed?   

We released a fix that should resolve all TV Listings issues. Please try deleting your cookies and cache again and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I've had the same problem for about 2 weeks now. The entire screen shows except the show grids and stations, just a blank gray screen.  I'm beginning carpal tunnel and my fingers hurt clicking through the television tv guide that only displays 1 1/2 hours and four lines at a time.  Talked to 4 different people in the Philippines that were of no help whatsoever!!!!

I've cleaned out my cache and cookies twice (destroying some valuable information in doing so); updated Flash Player to the current version; restarted my computer numerous times; tried Internet Explorer numberous times.  Not one thing worked!  What I do get is the following message in a pink box when I click the time block arrows:

"Oops something happened that we weren’t expecting, please try again later"; I've been trying for two weeks now.

It worked before and started gradually dying with small blocks at first and now it's the whole grid screen.  I'm sorry I find it hard to believe that you don't know what the problem is.  Do your programmers not keep a backup copy of previous versions before they destroy the current one?

This is a great inconvenience, please fix this!

Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much for this information!  I will use this until Comcast can get its act together.

Frequent Visitor

If you could see the smile on my face!!  Thank you, thank you, it is finally fixed!!!! 

Official Employee

NotAmused-02 wrote:

I've had the same problem for about 2 weeks now. The entire screen shows except the show grids and stations, just a blank gray screen.  I'm beginning carpal tunnel and my fingers hurt clicking through the television tv guide that only displays 1 1/2 hours and four lines at a time.  Talked to 4 different people in the Philippines that were of no help whatsoever!!!!

I've cleaned out my cache and cookies twice (destroying some valuable information in doing so); updated Flash Player to the current version; restarted my computer numerous times; tried Internet Explorer numberous times.  Not one thing worked!  What I do get is the following message in a pink box when I click the time block arrows:

"Oops something happened that we weren’t expecting, please try again later"; I've been trying for two weeks now.

It worked before and started gradually dying with small blocks at first and now it's the whole grid screen.  I'm sorry I find it hard to believe that you don't know what the problem is.  Do your programmers not keep a backup copy of previous versions before they destroy the current one?

This is a great inconvenience, please fix this!

Try using a different web browser besides Internet Explorer and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I always use Firefox 16.0.1 and I only use Internet Explorer for ONE and only ONE internet connection except to test Comcast's webpage; which is still not working.  I also cleaned out my cache and cookies for the third time.  The only selection that it gives any grid display for is the Standard setting to which I can only view up to 72 stations, with also 89 and 99 showing.  When I went back to change to Digital again or any other selection it wouldn't change the display from the Standard.  I tried that at least seven (7) different times between yesterday and today.

So I'm just using zap2it.com until Comcast actually fixes this problem.  You know what's funny about this, Comcast use to color code the entire grid based on the type of show and then they changed it to just that tiny little bar at the beginning of the show name.  As far as I see the only advantage to using Comcast was the larger font, wider screen view and the newer change of being able to select by half hour times (one of the nicer changes).  Also, zap2it.com does not refresh automatically when the Refresh button is clicked; that is a minor inconvenience as compared to Comcast!

Thank you for at least responding.

Frequent Visitor

I had my daughter test the TV Listings website on her computer and it did the same thing to her and she lives in Howard County.  She also tested your website from her office and got the same results.  I've been checking a couple times every day to see if there is any progress with fixing the bugs you so obviously left in this software, and of course there is no improvement.  But, you did have time to improve the three buttons above the grid.  Don't you think you should be fixing problems first.

I understand that your programmers are outsourced, most likely India (at least those are the ones that stole my job; yes, it took three men from India to do one Americans job.  Very impressive!).  I am not getting paid to be your tester and it's quite obvious that you are not testing your software before it's distributed to Comcast customers.  I understand that there are deadlines that have to be met and because I'm sure you guys in India want to keep those jobs you stole from Americans, you put software out there that isn't ready.

Do you not keep backup copies of software?  Do you have a test environment?  Do you try to break the software by doing rigorous testing before going live?  Don't you have a step through code process in your program?  You should not be distributing software that has not gone through these steps and more.

Here's the last thing I'm giving you:

I kept clicking the right arrow button that jumps to the next time frame until it stopped and what should appear to my wondering eyes but the grid with all the stations but every single row says "TBD".  It stopped on October 30th.  I did a refresh and it went back to the current date and time with a gray screen and no grid again.  I clicked the right arrow again and this time I stopped on October 27th; again it showed the grids starting at 11:30 pm, but this time most of the shows were shown in the grid with some still saying "TBD".  I started clicking to the left to see what would happen.  The time changed but the shows displayed  stayed the same; meaning the shows did not change to the current time frame.  I did this until the date changed to the previous day.  At this point I again clicked the Refresh button and was taken to the current date and time and again nothing but a gray screen and no grids.  I clicked the right arrow again but this time slowly and again the grid started showing at Oct 27, 11:30 PM. I started slowly clicking the right arrow and the grid stayed the same without change to the shows; the grid did change when I hit Oct 28 at 11:00 AM.  I went down to channel 342 and started clicking the right arrow to the next time frame and every single time it jumped back to the first row instead of staying on or near channel 342.  This happened several times before it stopped changing the grid entirely.  I kept clicking the right arrow until I got a change in the grid; I stopped on Oct 31 at 5:00 PM and this was quite interesting.  The grid showed stations up to 15 with the next station being 645 going through to 998 and after that channel the next one was channel 18 going through all the remaining numbers.  Keep in mind that many stations still only showed "TBD".

FIX THE BUGS!  And, please learn how to speak English!   Having to continuously say “I’m sorry, what did you say?” is quite annoying; so, speaking poor English doesn't count as English when it’s barely understood.

Official Employee

NotAmused-02,

Try signing in with a secondary account and let me know if the TV Listings grid.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

As I have done for many, many, many years I used my zip code only as did my daughter in two other counties and we both came up with the same results on three different computers in three different counties. 

Another interesting fact that both myself and my daughter encountered is that if we change locations and pick "Service Area" and pick "Standard Cable" the grid shows just fine with limited stations from 1 to 72 and 89 and 99 (I believe I'm repeating myself here).  And, when we both went to change to another "Service Area" it wouldn't change; it stayed the same "Standard Cable".  Now that happened to both my daughter and myself.

Please stop making suggestions that I have clearly stated before that I've all ready tried.

New Poster

Same story as so many others, cannot load TV listings.  Reloading the browser clearly doesn't work. I've read all the suggestions from Joe to try and self fix the problem.  It is CLEAR to me and I'm sure by now to all the others who are experiencing the same problem that the problem is with something that Comcast did w/ there browser and not the various browsers others are using.  I've always used Internen Explorer and never experienced a problem.  I'm also beginning to experience problems w/ downloading my e-mails as well.  Messages popping up CAN'T LOAD as this time, retry later.  Comcast keeps upgrading and in doing so is really screwing us up.  PLEASE COMCAST...STOP TRYING TO FIX WHAT'S NOT BROKEN...

Frequent Visitor

Same issue - online TV Guide Listings grid is a complete blank. I use Google Chrome. Earlier today I experienced a loading issue with individual shows/movies/etc. Whenever I would try to access details by clicking on one, it would return with blank info then freeze. I would have to close the tab & reload Comcast website.

I have cleared my browsing data, restarted my computer but still not able to get the TV Guide Listing to load. Same issue with Firefox.

Frustrated. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Silver Problem Solver

I had the same thing happen yesterday. Happened on IE10, Firefox 22 and Safari 5. Cleared cache, reset computer, etc.

Had been working early in the day, lost it early afternoon, and it came back on it's own later in the evening.

I have had this happen before and then using a different browser worked. I begin to suspect the problem is more on Comcast's servers and possibly the guide data provided by the guide provider.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation