Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV Listings are only showing TVGO channels, cannot program X1 DVR remotely

Regular Visitor

TV Listings are only showing TVGO channels, cannot program X1 DVR remotely

I am unable to program my X1 DVR remotely using the web application because the "Live TV" listings (https://tv.xfinity.com/listings) are only showing "TVGO" (or "TV GO") channels, even in search.

1) I do have X1 DVR

2) I do (apparently) have Cloud Storage (I can play Saved DVR programs just fine)

3) I can set up a series recording remotely by searching for the program (but Upcoming episodes are not listed)

4) I do not have *any* Filters enabled (including "Available Out of Home", which seems to have no effect)

5) The time zone is correct

6) Logging out/in, rebooting, switching browsers and even PCs have all been tried without any improvement

It doesn't matter if I am connected from my home via my cable modem (which is listed in my account) or from a remote location like a hotel (which is where I first noticed the problem) or my office (and is where this feature is most useful). I am not trying to watch a current program. I just want to find a program and have my X1 DVR record it for me.

Don't suggest the TVGO App, because it is useless to me if I do not have an Apple or Android device (since Comcast decided that anyone with a Windows Phone or Tablet is unworthy of having the TVGO App).

Problem Solver

Re: TV Listings are only showing TVGO channels, cannot program X1 DVR remotely

My one question to you is, if you have a future show scheduled on your physical DVR, and you go to the Scheduled list on the Xfinity TV portal (https://tv.xfinity.com/scheduled) is that show listed (or any other one) with its channel information?

As in my example below, it shows that this show will record to the Cloud DVR, because the Cloud DVR can access channel 1270.

example.jpg

Regular Visitor

Yes, all the scheduled events do show.

What is now odd is that suddenly I am able to see all my channels when I access from my work PC.

Problem Solver

bwkirkland wrote:

Yes, all the scheduled events do show.

What is now odd is that suddenly I am able to see all my channels when I access from my work PC.

Hopefully it works when you try on your home PC. Good luck.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation