Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV Listings Not Loading Grid and Unresponsive

Frequent Visitor

TV Listings Not Loading Grid and Unresponsive

TV Listings not loading grid. Signed out and re-signed in to site, but still blank. Attempted to select change location, but site not responding.
New Poster

Re: TV Listings Not Loading Grid and Unresponsive

Help!! Mine is doing the same thing. I've tried the fix in the post about the TV listings but it not only didn't work, it won't respond when you try to click anything on the website.

Where the grid usually appears there is nothing but a big grey square, on the left side where the channels should be is only the filter bar and I can't hide the filters because that doesn't work either.

It was working fine until yesterday morning and then I tried to update it and it broke and has been this way since then. What the heck is wrong with the listings? It's driving me crazy not to have them.

New Poster

Does anyone actually read these and attempt to help? Doesn't seem like it.

Regular Visitor

TV has been showing "channel will be on shortly" since I came home yesterday @ 3PM and it is now5:15 PM and the

and there has been no change since yesterday.  I don't know how lon it was off before I came home.  Please orrect!!

New Poster

OK, there are now 4 messages about the TV grid being broken for days now. Not a single one has been answered by anyone from Comcast yet.  Seems like pretty poor customer service to me. For God's sake, fix your dam parc. (they won't let me say dam* or cra*) LOL  wimps

New Poster

Exact same problem. Big gray screen where listings are supposed to be. No buttons responsive. Cannot change location as it is unresponsive. Tried everything ComcastDaniel post on 05-07-2014. Nothing works

Frequent Visitor

I suspect that it may be related to thye XFINITY Listings Page / Grid and IE 8, since grid opens in other browsers and or devices that I am using. Curious if others are attempting to access site with IE 8. Hopefully, someone from Comcast will address this issue as others have requested!
Frequent Visitor

Good call, BC74. I am on IE8, and am experiencing the exact same issues with the blank TV grid as outlined by the previous posters.

I last used this on Tuesday, 7/8/14 without any problems (other than the normal agonizing slowness of the site.)

If I hear that Comcast is not going to address this issue simply because it's for IE8, we're going to have a big friggin' problem.

My best guess is that they won't respond at all, as has been the case for the last several days.

Thank you and good afternoon.

New Poster

I'm using IE11 and I have the problem.

Regular Contributor

Firefox here and all I get for the last few days is: "There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser."

So it is not just IE.

Jim

Contributor

Using a Mac with Safari. Getting the same problem. Worked until Monday, 07/14/14.

Frequent Visitor

Appreciate the follow-up responses concerning operating systems and browsers. Now, several Comcast subscribers have noted the problem, yet, no response from Comcast targeting a resolution.
Official Employee

The IE8 issue was fixed this morning. Sorry for the inconvience. We do currently support IE8 on most of our websites including xfinitytv.comcast.net.

Also, as a PSA, if you are using IE8 on Windows XP, please stop using it as soon as possible. It is no longer getting security updates from microsoft which is why even microsoft considers it an unsecure browser and a threat to your personal information. For more information on that see: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/end-support-help

Again we're sorry for the disruption,

- Dan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Sellersville PA feed 

Google chrome browser 

Same TV listings not loading problemo.    The load page is sticking.  

Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Not sure in what universe that the blank TV grid issue is fixed for IE8. (And yes, I'm well aware of the the Windows XP obsolete issue; don't exactly have the time, money, or patience to upgrade right now.)

Previously, the grid was just a blank gray screen. Now, after the "fix", I can actually see the beginnings of a grid. Doesn't really matter though, as the screen never completely loads. Instead, the screen hangs and takes up 100% of the CPU. This did not happen last week, before the troubles started. Yes, I tried emptying the cache, as well as several other things, so I'd rather not hear any of the standard unhelpful and condescending suggestions, in lieu of Comcast attempting a fix that actually works.

Just curious, does Comcast ever test their "fixes"? I've lost patience with this nonsense. Please let me know if this issue is ever going to be addressed, so that I can plan ahead on finding a new cable/internet provider.

Frequent Visitor

Dan -- It's a start: grid is now loading, but extremely slow. Long wait time before being able to access any individual buttons / links. Thanks.
Regular Contributor

Sellersville PA xfinity feed

Google browser on Linux Mint/MATE

Yes.  The same sluggish load for me Wed. 11am.

The same [There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser] using Firefox browser.   The grid does not fully load  and stays grayed out.

Regular Contributor

edsel1 wrote:

Just curious, does Comcast ever test their "fixes"? I've lost patience with this nonsense. Please let me know if this issue is ever going to be addressed, so that I can plan ahead on finding a new cable/internet provider.

Don't cancel via the telephone  **evil laughter**  Smiley Wink

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/07/call-to-cancel-comcast-service-descends-into-desperate-hyste...

New Poster

Some improvement. Grid loads slowly. Gray area still at top of page with filter links and grid loading below. Filter links are not responsive. Location change link appears to be responsive but changing location (ZIP) doesn't do anything. Very, very small amount of color in grid. almost completely gray and white. Scrolling thru grid is slow and jerky.

New Poster

Upgraded today to DOCSIS 3.0 modem. Thought it might help.

It did not help.

Contributor

Also using FireFox here and getting the same message as an earlier FF user.

"There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser."

edited to add: also like others using other browsers, it's very sluggish to update to current time, etc.

But to clarify, I do see the grid eventually,  unlike some here.

edit part 2: Verrrrrry slow to get the website to load from my bookmarks.

New Poster

I'm using Firefox and I get the "Grid" but when I try to "watch" something it just won't load. This also holds true to watching saved programs

Frequent Visitor

After reading all the posts it's obvious that the problem has nothing to do with what browser or operating system being used. Comcast did something to the online guide a week or two ago that screwed it up and is unresponsive in fixing it. 

Regular Contributor

Yes.  The problemo started when the bottom bar was added.   

DVR WATCHLIST HISTORY ................................  TV1  SETTINGS

Clicking on the likely suspect [HISTORY] just gives "There is currently no viewing history available"

Contributor

Tried again today and the grid was still very slow to load just now.

I got the "Please reload your browser" message other Firefox users are getting again plus I get the infamous "oops, something happened that we weren't expecting, please try again" error when I click on a listing to get details.

The page seems to keep trying eternally to load something, and says in the page loading status popup:

"Connecting to edge.ccp-img.xcr.comcast.net..." if that helps diagnose something or other.

(I am clueless about this stuff. I'm amazed any of it it ever works at all, as a matter of fact.)

Regular Contributor

The lag is on the comcast end.  It has nothing to do with you or the browser you're using

New Poster

Grid won't load, error message "There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser."  Reloading page, reloading browser, changing browser (Chrome to Explorer), nothing works.  Problem only started in the last several days.  Help!

Contributor

Thanks for all your responses. We're looking into the issue and trying to resolve it.

It will help us if you can include some more information so we can better nail down the issue.

Please go to this page: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer

And copy the "My Device Information"

like this:

My Zip Code:08052

My Cable Provider:Recommended By Comcast

Use Dac:True

My Conroller ID:100

My Map ID:24

My Persona ID:5570

My myDVR Manager Status:Activated

My Set Top Box Names: Downstairs Tv, Upstairs Tv

My Watchlist setup:False

Facebook Watchlist Syncing:False

Facebook Connect:False

My public IP address:66.165.12.210

My operating system:Mac - Undefined

My web browser:Chrome 35 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_4) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.153 Safari/537.36

My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device

My Silverlight version:5.1.20913.0

My Flash version:14.0.0

Javascript:Enabled

Cookies:Enabled (2186 Bytes).

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Do you mean post that info here on the forum thread ?

Frequent Visitor

just to confirm grid will not load (reboot browser message _ not helpful as it does no good) on chrome or opera browsers. I was able to get it sometimes by jumplng ahead a 1/2 hour, no longer it just will not load. Comcast is as usual polite but  completely unhelpful!

Regular Contributor

Tonight the grid loaded OK for me. Seems OK anyway - I haven't gone through it in detail, but it looks good so far.

Jim

Regular Contributor

Same here Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

It looks like Comcast fixed the problem. The grid loads faster than ever.

Frequent Visitor

same here (fingers crossed) 

Contributor

glad to hear the grid is working better for everyone here. Please let us know if you experience any further problems.

- Jessica

New Poster

Yes....back up and running normally. Thanks !!

Frequent Visitor

As many have noted, the grid issue has been resolved with loading and website response improved when compared to prior iterations. Thanks to all who continued to post comments and kept this topic alive until fix was in place.
Contributor

Works now for me also. Thank you Jessica for getting this fixed for us.

New Poster

still not working.
loads the grid but once I click on a show to watch it trys to load but never does.
this is also the same for watching anything on my dvr on the computer.

Valued Contributor

still not working for me.

New Poster

Now I am having issues since yesterday... My TV is broken so I watch on-line from my computer and it hasn't worked since yesterday... so now I am stuck watching on my little bitty phone... PLEASE FIX!!!

New Poster

Also it has a locked key on things even though I am logged into my xfinity account and I can watch the exact show on my phone!

Valued Contributor

I did an unistall and reinstall of IE11 and that resolved the problem for me.

Frequent Visitor

After 3 weeks of working exceptionally well without problems, the TV Listings grid is once again failing to load or hanging during load causing the site to be unresponsive. Get the person who fixed the site 3 weeks ago back in the loop.
Frequent Visitor

2 days now, the grid is not showing up using Firefox.

Regular Contributor

Odd... Mine has been working well since I reported it was working again two weeks ago.

Perhaps it is only out in certain areas. I hope it's back working again for you soon.

Jim

Frequent Visitor

Flushed my cache and history, reloaded the page and signed in again. Everything is now working as intended.

Tikshadow wrote:

2 days now, the grid is not showing up using Firefox.

Frequent Visitor

Site continues to freeze / hang when loading. Signing out and then signing into site and/or clearing cache and history have never fixed the problem for me.
Frequent Visitor

Read the whole thread. No help for me. I've tried MSIE, Chrome and Firefox. I've logged out and back in.  I've tried Now and Favorite and HDOnly and changing the time -- nothing!

A couple of days ago, I DID manage to get the schedule to come up briefly on MSIE, and when I switched to check Firefox (my preferred browser); the schedule was there... and then a half-day later (and still) is gone.

Weirdly -- the program listing on the TV works fine.  About two weeks ago -- both the online grid AND the on-TV-screen grids were empty. I called support and she reset something and the onscreen grid (and I assume the online grid) came back.  The online grid has been working for about two weeks -- and the past few days  -- it's empty.

Come on Comcast.  I'm *actually* usually pretty pleased with Comcast -- and I know you don't often hear that from customers... 

Frequent Visitor

Oh hey!   Just tried the "Now" button -- and the grid came up -- but, as mentioned yesterday,  in number order.

(And WHY have your programmers not figured out how to block the stupid 200-level channels when customers have digital and only use the 800-level numbers?!  Why do I have to keep passing over the 200s when I'm NEVER going to watch them?!  It shouldn't be that hard to program that out!)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats