Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV Guide Not Appearing, White Parental Control Screen?

New Poster

TV Guide Not Appearing, White Parental Control Screen?

Hello. I have RGZ200N DVR box with the sliver remote with the red OK/Select button. I woke up this morning and I went to check what was on. I pressed the Guide button and no TV guide appears on my screen. I can turn channels as well but no information bar appears at the bottom of the screen. And finally, I get a white Parental Control screen when I press the Info button.

Can someone please help me out here? That would be greatly appreciated. 

New Poster

Re: TV Guide Not Appearing, White Parental Control Screen?

I woke up this morning with the same issue. The buttons on my DVR itself do not work as well.
New Poster

Same issues since 4am told outage cleared obviously not s...

Same issues since 4am told outage cleared obviously not still having spent hour plus troubleshooting for them to tell me to exchange my box and loose all dvr material or wait 6 days for service
New Poster

We are having the same problem.  Also, we do not have any sound!!!!  But we do on another TV.  What is up with that?  No guide, no menu, and no sound. 

New Poster

I've been having the same issue. No menu, info, or on demand. I finally got the sound to come back by switching the cables for my sound bar to a different port on the box. I also can't get the online chat to engage. My issue is with the two DVR boxes I have but my third which is a regular HD box, everything is working fine. I can't seem to find any answers that aren't X1 related. Suggestions? Anyone?

New Poster

Just got text outage cleared still problems guess i take my fat as# to exchange my box and loose all dvr stuff i hate comcast!
New Poster

Same issue, woke up - box was turned off [we never turn it off], turned back on, and white parental control screen when pressing menu or guide buttons.  Have to manually type in the channel number or the up and down to change the channels.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation