Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV GO external device error

New Poster

TV GO external device error

The TV Go App works fine until I try to connect the iPad to the TV via HDMI. Give an un authorized external device error. Any ideas?
Frequent Visitor

Re: TV GO external device error

I don't have a fix but at least you aren't alone Smiley Happy

For me it's an android smart phone but I saw two different problems.

One was what you described, a message about only 3 authorized devices are allowed.  I've had 3 at various times, but I don't thin that was the real problem.

The other is that all the channel icons have a key image on them and when I tried to play one, it said I needed to upgrade my account.  I got a browser link, logged in on my phone and it allowed me to log in but did not recognize that I already had all those channels on my account.

Just got off a support chat and the analyst had no clue, she thought it was because the TV was incompatible.  Maybe, maybe there is some kind of DRM being passed back and forth.  Maybe...

I did get it to work once by waiting until I was already watching live TV and then plugging in the HDMI cable.

Best of luck with this one!

Frequent Visitor

Re: TV GO external device error

Just found the answer, unfortunately it is indeed DRM/copyright, not technical.  Blocked intentionally by Comcast.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/please-disconnect-the-secondary-output-before-pla...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation