Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV App not working

Frequent Visitor

TV App not working

not working on mobile device or on computer, the last new recordings that showed up were on Tuesday, nothing from yesterday or today is showing, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but my recordings are not updating.

Frequent Visitor

Re: TV App not working

I am having the same trouble - the last thing it shows is from 1/6 - nothing from Wed or yesterday is showing up.  At least i know now it is a Comcast problem and not on my end.

Hopefully a Comcast person will come on and help....Answers to some obvious questions- my cloud service has been activated for awhile (unless it was somehow deactivated at some point after 11pm on Jan 6th - where would I go to see if this is the case) - I should have at least 10 shows that recorded between the 7th and 8th that are not showing up (and I checked only one of the recorded shows has the cavet of "not avilable for mobile viewing")

Official Employee

twinmom01 wrote:

I am having the same trouble - the last thing it shows is from 1/6 - nothing from Wed or yesterday is showing up.  At least i know now it is a Comcast problem and not on my end.

Hopefully a Comcast person will come on and help....Answers to some obvious questions- my cloud service has been activated for awhile (unless it was somehow deactivated at some point after 11pm on Jan 6th - where would I go to see if this is the case) - I should have at least 10 shows that recorded between the 7th and 8th that are not showing up (and I checked only one of the recorded shows has the cavet of "not avilable for mobile viewing")

Checked your account and I see a high volume of cloud recordings failing over the last couple days.   I will be sendign your info to our engennerring teams for investigation.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

are you checking my acct also?

Official Employee

glennvine wrote:

are you checking my acct also?

seeing failed recordings on your account as well, i will semd your account for review. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  NO recordings to the cloud and also shows no scheduled recordings.  Can someone give us information as to it is a known problem and is being worked on and when we can xpect a fix.  Thank you!

Official Employee

We are investigating the no scheduled recording issue. Where are you located? What state?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

NJ

Frequent Visitor

Tennesse
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue in Boston.  no new recordings since Sunday, Scheduled recordings empty.  Online chat couldn't identify problem so theoretically bumped to next level priority ticket...

New Poster

Everything seems to be up and working now.  Was there an update recently?  Thanks.

New Poster

Same here (also Boston).  DVR works and shows scheduled recordings.  None visible from the cloud since 1/6.    Nothing on the app schedule.

New Poster

Same issue here in Boston. Recordings on DVR but not via cloud. App on 2 iPads and 2 iPhones says I "have no recordings yet" which I do. It's been happening since midweek.
Frequent Visitor

ok - so I still don't see MOST of my recordings- I did have two things set to record on HBO last night (in addition to 4-5 other programs) - those did show in the cloud, but nothing else since the 6th has showed up in my cloud account.   Who would I need to contact to see about getting this fixed so everything shows?

Official Employee

twinmom01 wrote:

ok - so I still don't see MOST of my recordings- I did have two things set to record on HBO last night (in addition to 4-5 other programs) - those did show in the cloud, but nothing else since the 6th has showed up in my cloud account.   Who would I need to contact to see about getting this fixed so everything shows?

We are aware of this issue and working on a fix.  Just want to point out that once the fix goes in, the recordings from the 6th and on will not appear on the app as they failed to record to cloud servers. 

No need to contact anyone. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I understand they will not be available - obviously it is half working since what I recorded on HBO last night recorded in the cloud as well - is there anyway to get a time frame as to the fix or do I just keep checking?  what would be a reasonable amount of time to wait - 2 days, 3 days, 5 days...

Official Employee

twinmom01 wrote:

I understand they will not be available - obviously it is half working since what I recorded on HBO last night recorded in the cloud as well - is there anyway to get a time frame as to the fix or do I just keep checking?  what would be a reasonable amount of time to wait - 2 days, 3 days, 5 days...

I dont have a time frame, it depends on what the fix is.    

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

well things were working for a couple of days, but now even though the schedule works some shows are not recording to the cloud (Looking and the Daily Show tonite)

New Poster

Xfinity TV remote app and Xfinity player app stopped working on all 3 Ipods and 1 android tablet we have in our house.

App asks for user name and password, after it is entered it says:

An unknown error has occurred during this request. Please try again. It has been doing this for the last few days at least.

New Poster

Only shows that were recorded in the current day have been appearing.  Everyday the recordings from the previous day disappear.  I can see them on the DVR through the TV but they do not appear through the internet for viewing.

Official Employee

sdinnell wrote:

Only shows that were recorded in the current day have been appearing.  Everyday the recordings from the previous day disappear.  I can see them on the DVR through the TV but they do not appear through the internet for viewing.

Are you still experiecneing this issue?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation