Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV App STILL automatically playing TV

New Poster

TV App STILL automatically playing TV

So one of the mentioned updates from version 2.5 of the iOS TV app was "Live TV no longer auto-plays". This is not my experience. Live TV continues to auto play, and if I am watching a recorded show, it also auto plays when I return to the app, even if I paused it before leaving it. Can someone tell me where I can "choose whether to play the last channel I was watching or browse for something new" as per the update description?
Tags (2)
Problem Solver

Re: TV App STILL automatically playing TV

You would think that is how it's suppose to work, but there is no setting to go to that says to play the last channel or not.

I don't have an iOS device, but I have 3 android devices. One at ver 4.2.1 and the other 2 at ver 5.0.1.  All of them no longer auto play the last channel selected when first opening the Xfinity TV app (ver 2.5.0.195).  However, there is a bug in this version that will start auto play.  If I exit the program using the Android system back button, then reopen the app from the app manager screen, the last channel will start playing automatically.  The bigger problem is now I can't even stop it from playing since the play/stop button doesn't accept my input.  Seems like their fix breaks it worse.

My suggestion to you is to go into the settings menu for the app, click Help, then choose Feedback. Maybe they will listen from there.

Problem Solver

Re: TV App STILL automatically playing TV

As of today, Nov 7, 2015, when I open the Xfinity TV app it starts auto playing the channel. It wasn't  just 2 days ago with ver 2.5.0.195, but something happened in the past few days.  The icon for the app also changed from the logo with xfinity and a picture of a TV, to the Android icon.  This happened on both my tablet and phone, yet the version doesn't show a change since the update on Oct 27th.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation