Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TNT Show - The Last Ship - EXCESSIVE ADS

New Poster

TNT Show - The Last Ship - EXCESSIVE ADS

I've been stuck trying to watch the last 5 minutes of this show's second episode for the last 45 minutes. Commercial breaks were 7-13 minutes each, replaying many ads over and over ad nauseum. Now I get 1 second of streaming, the streaming stops, and it goes to an endless commercial loop (waited close to ten minutes). I refresh the page, get another second of the show, and then the ads start all over again. FIX THIS. And none of this "we are not experiencing any issues on our end" If you'd like me to, I can make a video with my phone to show you just how broken this is. Just tell me who to send it to.

New Poster

Re: TNT Show - The Last Ship - EXCESSIVE ADS

Agree, TNT streaming is THE WORST! Commercials have been absolutely ridiculous, AND the streaming quality sucks - numerous stutters and freezes (and I have a 60Mbps wired connection). And if you're in full-screen mode, they freeze your screen so you don't have access to pause and volume.  But there's a tip:  Hit the escape key on a windows machine, or ALT+TAB keys to switch between windows/programs.

Note to TNT advertisers:  When commercials are this prevalent and repetitive (8-12 in a row, often repeated), many consumers do what I do:  Either A. Get up and leave and come back later, or B. Turn off the sound, open another browser window/tab and do something else...checking back several minutes later;  or C. Say the heck with it and watch something on NETFLIX.

Perhaps TNT thinks it's making up for people recording to DVR and fast-forwarding through commercials, but they're not.  Nobody is watching streaming commercials when they are this intrusive.  But keep it to something reasonable, like 2 or 3 over the course of a minute, and I'll stick with it.

New Poster

How do we know this is TNT and not Comcast? The website I was trying to watch The Last Ship on is COMCAST, 90 minutes to watch a 30 minute video. The adds keep repeating. Let me be specific here, If for example the GEICO ad is playing, unless I click on the ad, it plays again and again. This is definitely COMCAST not TNT. Then the video is playing for one minute and perhaps there is a hiccup in the stream, oh well, they throw another 6-8 ads at me. This is repeated again in another 3 minutes. Oh and that 90 minutes, I did not finish the video. Still have 5 minutes remaining.

Comcast should be ashamed of this poor quality in streaming. This is not the quality customers have come to expect from what is advertised as the number one cable television provider. No wonder why people are bailing on them left and right.

Regular Contributor

Please note to everyone who posted here, there is a thread started by one of the official Comcast support people (it's a sticky at the begining of this forum) specifically to deal with advertisement issues and you would be better off reading the first post and replying with the requested information there rather than starting a new thread http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Ad-Issue-during-Video-Playback-on-http-xfinitytv-comc...

That said, there is an easy way to figure out if this is a Comcast issue or a TNT issue: you can go right to the TNT website www.tntdrama.com and try and watch from there. If you don't have the same issues then you know it's a Comcast problem. It would probably be helpful to be able to say to the Comcast people "Look, I had all these problems watching from the Xfinity site but not from the TNT site".

If you post and don't receieve a reply after a couple days then you can try and send a private message to one of the Comcast people and ask them to look into the problem.

- Norm

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation