Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

THIS XFINITY REMOTE APP IS GARBAGE

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

THIS XFINITY REMOTE APP IS GARBAGE

One minute its recording but its not showing my TV titles.<br>Then, after a fresh re install its giving my the option to record but giving me a guideway 1 error.<br>Finally, after another re install now its just not giving me the option to record on my DVR box and my recorded title names are still not coming up. I thought the first re-install would help but it did absolutely nothing. Why would Comcast developers create this useless app? I'm not trying to be a sour puss but this app deserves a bad review.
Accepted Solution

Re: THIS XFINITY REMOTE APP IS GARBAGE

I find out exactly how to use the app without any of the above issues.

I had to make sure my DVR had completely download all its information.
Then I called the App Support center and had them send a signal to my DVR box
Finally I waited 6-8 hours and I install a fresh copy of the Xfinity Remote App.

The remote verifed my new box, allows me to record now, and on my DVR I am now able to see the titles after recording from the app. I would like to give Kudos to the supervisor that helped me resolve this issue. I don't remember her name but she was extremely helpful. No ticket was needed for this issue just "actual" troubleshooting. This could have gotten resolve a while ago.
View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

MzKitty320 wrote:
One minute its recording but its not showing my TV titles.<br>Then, after a fresh re install its giving my the option to record but giving me a guideway 1 error.<br>Finally, after another re install now its just not giving me the option to record on my DVR box and my recorded title names are still not coming up. I thought the first re-install would help but it did absolutely nothing. Why would Comcast developers create this useless app? I'm not trying to be a sour puss but this app deserves a bad review.

I see a ticket was opened on 1/28 and our team is already working on your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I find out exactly how to use the app without any of the above issues.

I had to make sure my DVR had completely download all its information.
Then I called the App Support center and had them send a signal to my DVR box
Finally I waited 6-8 hours and I install a fresh copy of the Xfinity Remote App.

The remote verifed my new box, allows me to record now, and on my DVR I am now able to see the titles after recording from the app. I would like to give Kudos to the supervisor that helped me resolve this issue. I don't remember her name but she was extremely helpful. No ticket was needed for this issue just "actual" troubleshooting. This could have gotten resolve a while ago.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation