Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TBS Subscription needed?

New Poster

TBS Subscription needed?

I have the full on Xfinity HD/OnDemand/Internet/Voice/Bells and Whistles package and yet when I try to watch anything by TNT or TBS through xfinity online it tells me "subscprition needed" along with an orange key icon and when I click "subscribe" it takes me to the marketing page where I can pick and choose which Xfinity package is right for me. I already have the package that's right for me and it includes TNT and TBS and all of those fun online/ondemand features.  Short of calling customer service can this be fixed on my end or Comcast's end? 

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: TBS Subscription needed?

Having similar problems to other posts- channels in my subscription (TBS, HBO, etc.) are requiring subscription purchase, which they shouldn't.  Some other channels are still accessible.  This was not a problem as late as yesterday, but today it is.  Anybody any idea what's the deal, and more importantly when the issue may get resolved?

Silver Problem Solver

clear your cookies, clear your cache, update your silverlite player update your flash player, restart your computer and then try again.  Also dont use IE9 comcast has said there are compatibility issues.  If none of that works call comcast and make sure your account is set up correctly.

New Poster

I've done all the recommendations and even called Comcast.  It took the rep about 10 minutes to finally understand that TBS-W was TBS.  Then the call dropped and i never heard back from them. This looks like a Comcast programming/permissions issue that should be escalated to someone who knows what they're doing over there.  It's bad enough that most of these shows just redirect you to Hulu in the first place.  I'm pretty disappointed with xFinity online.  By the way the issue still is present with TBS for me as well.

PS - Comcast needs to educate their reps better.

Keith

Official Employee

knewson05 wrote:

I've done all the recommendations and even called Comcast.  It took the rep about 10 minutes to finally understand that TBS-W was TBS.  Then the call dropped and i never heard back from them. This looks like a Comcast programming/permissions issue that should be escalated to someone who knows what they're doing over there.  It's bad enough that most of these shows just redirect you to Hulu in the first place.  I'm pretty disappointed with xFinity online.  By the way the issue still is present with TBS for me as well.

PS - Comcast needs to educate their reps better.

Keith

Starting around 1/16/12 12:30 EST, we experiencing issues where customers were seeing orange keys on all videos even if they had a subscription to that channel.

This issue is now resolved.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. if you are still having issues, please let me know.

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm still having this issue.  It seems to only occur at night.  I am logged in but can't watch anything from cable channels or premium just the handful of free shows.

It shows my full history in the home page with HBO and Showtime shows I've watched.  I have a full subscription to Starz, Encore, Cinemax, HBO, Showtime, HD and the expanded cable channels.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation