Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Syntax Error so i can view all non-subscription movies?

Frequent Visitor

Syntax Error so i can view all non-subscription movies?

Well this title sure will attract some attention from Comcast...

and yes, this is what happened, i only have HBO and streampix but i seems to be able to stream all (i tried five different ones) STARZ and SHOWTIME movies.

As a web developer myself, i opened browser console and found multiple "syntax error" from purchase.js and those inlined scripts. No way Comcast will put this kind of business logic on client-side so i suppose these errors are from falling to open a pop-up notification which would ask me to pay extra for those movie?

It's a friday night and i have no interest to read thru your js and/or check all http responses, so i am just only to open a thread here.

Now that i think of it, maybe those just are free movies, little treat to me, right?

p.s. just tried Disney Channel, same thing, i can stream it w/o subscription.

Contributor

Re: Syntax Error so i can view all non-subscription movies?

kk-tx wrote:

As a web developer myself, i opened browser console and found multiple "syntax error" from purchase.js and those inlined scripts...

If I've learned anything over the last two months, it's that Comcast's web dev process is horribly broken. Not sure they actually even have a QA department.

Bronze Problem Solver

kk-tx wrote:

Well this title sure will attract some attention from Comcast...

and yes, this is what happened, i only have HBO and streampix but i seems to be able to stream all (i tried five different ones) STARZ and SHOWTIME movies.

As a web developer myself, i opened browser console and found multiple "syntax error" from purchase.js and those inlined scripts. No way Comcast will put this kind of business logic on client-side so i suppose these errors are from falling to open a pop-up notification which would ask me to pay extra for those movie?

It's a friday night and i have no interest to read thru your js and/or check all http responses, so i am just only to open a thread here.

Now that i think of it, maybe those just are free movies, little treat to me, right?

p.s. just tried Disney Channel, same thing, i can stream it w/o subscription.

Before the the presidential bickering, I mean debate, I found I was able to stream channels I'm not subscribed to either (cable box would error with subscription required). I posted about it on forums to see if anyone else had this great ability. After the bickering was over I tried again and my ability to stream unsubscribed channels was gone.

Frequent Visitor

it's been a busy week so i finally got to check it again,

for a while, i can still continue the show i stopped last time, then after a browser restart, all gone,

Frequent Visitor

they relied too much on cookies, if you know what i meant, you should know what to try...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation