Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Switched to HD box and not receiving all stations all the time, have to watch in SD if available

Regular Visitor

Switched to HD box and not receiving all stations all the time, have to watch in SD if available

Why aren't all hd stations available all the time? I'm tired of paying for cable and not receiving what I pay for.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Switched to HD box and not receiving all stations all the time, have to watch in SD if available

Not sure what you mean by 'all the time'. Does that mean they sometimes work? Or are you only getting some HD stations. For any service above Limited Basic, you have to pay an "HD Technology Fee" of around $9.95/month to enable HD service at an address. The one fee covers ALL devices.

Regular Visitor

Re: Switched to HD box and not receiving all stations all the time, have to watch in SD if available

Yes. I paid for HD and brought new HD box home from Comcast store. Setup went well and for one day, all stations I paid for were available in HD. Now it happens randomly on different stations, not always same ones. And it happens ALL the time now. Had box about 2-3 weeks now. So, we watch in SD whenever we can't get what we paid for in HD.

Gold Problem Solver

mgmanusa wrote: Why aren't all hd stations available all the time? ...

What happens exactly when you tune to an HD station when it isn't working? Please describe in as much detail as possible. Any error messages? What is the brand and model number of the cable box?

Regular Visitor

I appreciate your feedback, everyone. The box I have is the smaller Xfinity model PR150BNMR. Just installed a couple of weeks ago. When station is selected and not working, any or a combination of the following happens: Black screen, Blue screen (this channel, etc.), random lines or black lines through picture, pixelation. Weird thing is, the station may be fine in the morning but late afternoon through evening seems to be generally the worst. It's hard to pin down because it's not the same stations ALL the time.

Good news though; after filling out an on-line questionaire for Comcast the other day, I got a call from the head of customer satisfaction that evening and she set up appointment for tech to come. As she said, "don't let him leave until you are satisfied". This guy was excellent---went above and beyond. Checked all lines and connections. Decided to start replacing all connectors and some of the cables in out of house. So far so good.

Gold Problem Solver

mgmanusa wrote: ... she set up appointment for tech to come ... So far so good.

Good deal -- hope it keeps for you!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation