Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Swapping Pace XG1v1 for newer model?

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Swapping Pace XG1v1 for newer model?

I added X1 service in January 2016 and the first thing I noticed compared to my other family members who have it is that my X1 box had a green light instead of a blue one. I wasn't sure what the difference really was so no big deal.

Over time I've learned that I have the Pace XG1v1 .... "PX001AN".  I had found an old posting that mentioned the XG1v1 isn't capable of using 6 tuners like the other models and offerered customers a chance to swap to a newer model: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30170265-X1-X2-X1-DVR-Capabilities-Expanded-to-6-tuners

I understand that this post was from late 2015 and cannot find very much information elsewhere now. If I could take advantage of 6 tuners I would certainly love to do so. I'll admit we are a very spoiled household but this would come in very handy right now during football and Nascar playoff season!

I chatted online with customer service, hoping they might could mail me a replacement...but didn't have any luck. She did say I could visit my local office and make the swap. Outside of the really loud fan noise and the occasional audio dropout that this model still sufferes from, it still functions fine so I don't feel too confident that they'll just up and let me turn this one in.

I guess what I'm asking is does anyone else have experience with requesting this type of exchange at their local office? Couldn't be happier with our televison, internet, and phone service...but absolutely would love to take advantage of another tuner if possible. 

Thanks much!

Accepted Solution

Re: Swapping Pace XG1v1 for newer model?

fishman232323 wrote:

I added X1 service in January 2016 and the first thing I noticed compared to my other family members who have it is that my X1 box had a green light instead of a blue one. I wasn't sure what the difference really was so no big deal.

Over time I've learned that I have the Pace XG1v1 .... "PX001AN".  I had found an old posting that mentioned the XG1v1 isn't capable of using 6 tuners like the other models and offerered customers a chance to swap to a newer model: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30170265-X1-X2-X1-DVR-Capabilities-Expanded-to-6-tuners

I understand that this post was from late 2015 and cannot find very much information elsewhere now. If I could take advantage of 6 tuners I would certainly love to do so. I'll admit we are a very spoiled household but this would come in very handy right now during football and Nascar playoff season!

I chatted online with customer service, hoping they might could mail me a replacement...but didn't have any luck. She did say I could visit my local office and make the swap. Outside of the really loud fan noise and the occasional audio dropout that this model still sufferes from, it still functions fine so I don't feel too confident that they'll just up and let me turn this one in.

I guess what I'm asking is does anyone else have experience with requesting this type of exchange at their local office? Couldn't be happier with our televison, internet, and phone service...but absolutely would love to take advantage of another tuner if possible. 

Thanks much!

Bring in your dvr and power supply into your local service center anytime for a swap.

View answer in context
Official Employee

fishman232323 wrote:

Thanks much!

Bring in your dvr and power supply into your local service center anytime for a swap.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Andrew I went in to my local service center and was out the door in 3 minutes with a brand new  Arris XG1v3 and new voice remote. Really impressed with the box and the customer service.

Thank you!

Official Employee

Hi fishman232323, glad to hear that you were able to get your cable box swapped out quickly.  If you have any questions in the future please let us know.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation