Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Swapped out DVR - been syncing for 3 days, no access via mydvr

New Poster

Swapped out DVR - been syncing for 3 days, no access via mydvr

We had a DCX3400 that failed because of a power supply problem.  Before it died, we were able to use the mydvr site online to schedule recordings and manage the dvr.

Tech came on Friday and swapped out the box with a new DCX3400M.  My account on the comcast website shows that there is a dvr, but doesn't have a serial or model.  The mydvr site has told me that it is syncing with the box for the last three days.

I can change the name of the dvr on comcast's website and display that customized name on my dvr, but cannot change channels via the web or do anything else.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

Sandy

Regular Contributor

Re: Swapped out DVR - been syncing for 3 days, no access via mydvr

Same issue!

Swapped out 2 DCH3416s for DCX3400s on 9/7.  One box shows up on the web and my smart phone, the other doesn't.  I've called Comcast several times since Friday, but it's still not working.  Reboots, activating online, refresh signal, etc.; nothing helped.

Online it still shows both boxes as Ready to Activate, even though they both work, other than the MyDVR service on 1 box.

Tech visit is scheduled for Wednesday.

Official Employee

gdio53 wrote:

Same issue!

Swapped out 2 DCH3416s for DCX3400s on 9/7.  One box shows up on the web and my smart phone, the other doesn't.  I've called Comcast several times since Friday, but it's still not working.  Reboots, activating online, refresh signal, etc.; nothing helped.

Online it still shows both boxes as Ready to Activate, even though they both work, other than the MyDVR service on 1 box.

What box is working and what box is not?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

ComcastJoe wrote:

gdio53 wrote:

Same issue!

What box is working and what box is not?

tippsand: Our team is currently looking into your issue. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

What information do you need?

The box that isn't working serial nbr. ends in CH239

The box that works ends in C7475

Both boxes work otherwise, although the online activation system still shows them as inactive.

Thanks.

Official Employee

gdio53 wrote:

Same issue!

Both boxes work otherwise, although the online activation system still shows them as inactive.

Thanks.

Did someone reach out to you on 9/9? Did they reset your converter?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

ComcastJoe wrote:

gdio53 wrote:

Same issue!

Thanks.

Did someone reach out to you on 9/9? Did they reset your converter?

Thanks,
Joe

Yes, the box has been reset a few times, both a complete reset and a refresh.  No change in the availability of the MyDVR service.

Thanks.

New Poster

I'll reply here too.

My box has been power cycled several times, both by remote tech support and by myself.  

They have also removed the box and re-added it to my account, during which time I had no cable TV service for a few mintues (screen was blank).

I was able to verify that the dvr and the mydvr app are partially communicating, because I can view the "personalized" DVR name on the screen by using the website "view DVR name on TV" button, but that's the only two-way interactivity occuring.

Tech Support said that someone would be contacting me, so I'm just waiting.

Regular Contributor

tippsand wrote:

I'll reply here too.

My box has been power cycled several times, both by remote tech support and by myself.  

They have also removed the box and re-added it to my account, during which time I had no cable TV service for a few mintues (screen was blank).

I was able to verify that the dvr and the mydvr app are partially communicating, because I can view the "personalized" DVR name on the screen by using the website "view DVR name on TV" button, but that's the only two-way interactivity occuring.

Tech Support said that someone would be contacting me, so I'm just waiting.

That's exactly what I'm seeing on 1 of my boxes!

Official Employee

The ticket history says that when asked to reset your converter you declined. To further troubleshoot you, this step needs to be done but it sounds like you did do it. 

Would you like me to re-open your ticket?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

ComcastJoe wrote:

The ticket history says that when asked to reset your converter you declined. To further troubleshoot you, this step needs to be done but it sounds like you did do it. 

Would you like me to re-open your ticket?

Thanks,
Joe

Which ticket?  They've reset the box several times since Friday.  The last activity was Sunday, 9/9 at 9:40am and after 44 minutes of being sent to differant departments they sent a refresh and told me to wait for 1 hour to see if it worked, on this call, they routed me to HSI support because I couldn't access the MyDVR manager online!  I called back at 5:38pm and talked to them for another 31 minutes to tell them that the refresh didn't work and that's when they schedued a Tech to come out. 

I have a tech scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, but if re-opening the ticket will help, that's fine.

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

UpdateSmiley Happy

This morning, in preparation for the tech visit, I moved the bad box to the location of the good box (easier access for the tech).

Plugged everything in, waited for the initial boot up and checked that I was getting channels on the TV.

Also went in to the setup screens to check things out and the remote access had completed the synching! The box was also showing up online.  I called to cancel the tech visit.

I don't know if the cable where it was originally was flaky as it had worked ok with the DCH3416.  Moved the box back to the original location and plugged in the wires, and all is well with the box.

Was out of the house for a while when I decided to check out the box using my smart phone, and it was showing up, told it to record a program and just got home to see the program ready to watch.  I can now change channels remotely and everything works just as it did with my old boxes.

For Sandy, if you're still experiencing the problem, try another cable outlet in your house, if you have 1 available.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, it turned out to be something on my end.  I'm going to mionitor it for a few days before I start swapping out the cable.

New Poster

Things have improved slightly here, too, but not completely.

As of this AM, the mydvr website shows a different response when I access DVR Manager:

DVR 1 100% Full

It is only 2% full, according to the box itself.  Also, there are many recordings on the box and upcoming scheduled on the box, but the website shows that there are no recordings scheduled or on the box for playback.

I am assuming that somehow, tech support has resolved this issue and we now need to wait a few hours for the box to sync it's contents listing to the mydvr website.

Let me know if there's anything else I should do.

Thanks,

Sandy

New Poster

Waiting a few hours did, in fact, solve the problem completely - we can now view the contents of the DVR via the website and the full / empty status is also correctly displaying.

I am not certain what, if any, actions tech support took to solve this problem.  I do know that they repeatedly told me that it would take up to 6 hours to fully sync and it took many more hours than that before we got a resolution, so patience is required in any circumstance.

Thanks,

S

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation