Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Suddenly stopped recognizing my HBO subscription

New Poster

Suddenly stopped recognizing my HBO subscription

I've been a customer since 2003 with the same package and have not changed since then.  HBO is included in the package price.   For year, I've been watching HBO GO, using the Xfinity app, and watching Xfinity.TV on my computer.  About 4 days ago, it started saying I don't have HBO in my package - but I didn't change anything, my TV still has HBO and when I dial into customer support, they tell me I have HBO.   But nobody has been able to fix it after 5 calls.  Half the time, I get hung up on on transferred to a number that is disconnected.

I believe that since I have an old package, some systems changes happened a few days ago that caused the Single Sign On system to not recognize my HBO subscription - I can still log on, it knows who I am, it allows me to watch Showtime shows, etc.  Just can't find HBO.

Every time I call, I sit on the phone with someone who wants me to reboot my cable box or tells me I need to reset my internet password.   Is there anyone @ Comcast who can actually help with this?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Suddenly stopped recognizing my HBO subscription

kaplinsky wrote:

I've been a customer since 2003 with the same package and have not changed since then.  HBO is included in the package price.   For year, I've been watching HBO GO, using the Xfinity app, and watching Xfinity.TV on my computer.  About 4 days ago, it started saying I don't have HBO in my package - but I didn't change anything, my TV still has HBO and when I dial into customer support, they tell me I have HBO.   But nobody has been able to fix it after 5 calls.  Half the time, I get hung up on on transferred to a number that is disconnected.

I believe that since I have an old package, some systems changes happened a few days ago that caused the Single Sign On system to not recognize my HBO subscription - I can still log on, it knows who I am, it allows me to watch Showtime shows, etc.  Just can't find HBO.

Every time I call, I sit on the phone with someone who wants me to reboot my cable box or tells me I need to reset my internet password.   Is there anyone @ Comcast who can actually help with this?

Our team is further looking into this and someone will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Suddenly stopped recognizing my HBO subscription

I am helping this customer at the link above

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation