Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Suddenly I need a Streampix account?

New Poster

Suddenly I need a Streampix account?

I have been watching past seasons of the U.S. comedy "The Office" online. Up until tonight -- Saturday, March 8 -- the full episodes of every season were available to me. Now I go to the Xfinity.com site to watch it and suddenly there are only two episodes of two seasons listed and a bunch of clips from other selected episodes. I have accessed the Streampix site and have typed in "The Office," but all I am seeing are the limited selections. Where are the rest of the episodes/seasons? Have they been moved or do I need some kind of special access?

I have Xfinity TV, phone and Internet with the Preferred Plus package, so I know I am already paying for Streampix. I read that if I had this package, I wouldn't need to pay an additional $4.99 for it, and I can't imagine why I should. I can watch the episodes on TV just fine, but I would also like to be able to watch them on my laptop as I had been doing up until now. I am using Firefox v.27.0.1.

Please advise.

Thanks.

New Poster

Re: Suddenly I need a Streampix account?

I'm seeing the same thing. It looks like The Office has been pulled from Streampix. The only available episodes now are the five or six from TBS.
New Poster

Well, that figures. It was just a tease to introduce the Streampix service. Looks like I will have to search elsewhere if I want to see the rest of the seasons, or maybe just buy them.

Contributor

Liz2257 wrote:

I have been watching past seasons of the U.S. comedy "The Office" online. Up until tonight -- Saturday, March 8 -- the full episodes of every season were available to me. Now I go to the Xfinity.com site to watch it and suddenly there are only two episodes of two seasons listed and a bunch of clips from other selected episodes. I have accessed the Streampix site and have typed in "The Office," but all I am seeing are the limited selections. Where are the rest of the episodes/seasons? Have they been moved or do I need some kind of special access?

I have Xfinity TV, phone and Internet with the Preferred Plus package, so I know I am already paying for Streampix. I read that if I had this package, I wouldn't need to pay an additional $4.99 for it, and I can't imagine why I should. I can watch the episodes on TV just fine, but I would also like to be able to watch them on my laptop as I had been doing up until now. I am using Firefox v.27.0.1.

Please advise.

Thanks.

This is the essential method they appear to follow:

1) Pull a program from all channels (i.e. "Scrubs").

2) Put the entire series on Streampix instead (to get people to buy that optional package)

3) Pull it off of Streampix

In all honesty these programs, (at least the entire previous season) should be in their "On Demand" listings (Even in those, they'll set the most recent of say the 6 episodes they bother to have, to expire first? Last In=First out?). It's ridiculous but they're a huge Monopoly with little to no competition and buying those up left and right.

Btw and not that anyone official here is likely to read these but how the heck does anyone get the spell check here to work? I'm no neophyte and have tried all the usual suspects, Nothing,

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation