Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Suddenly Can't Watch Live TV Online, Says to Pay $39.99/month Subscription!!!!!

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Suddenly Can't Watch Live TV Online, Says to Pay $39.99/month Subscription!!!!!

Comcast decides to interupt the programming on one channel that I always watch, every 1/2 hour for about 5 minutes. This is extremely aggravating, but there's nothing I can do about it on my TV. So yesterday, I found the watch live TV online option through Comcast' website, and I watched the channel online every time Comcast interupted the programming on my TV. 

I went to do the same thing today, but suddenly I can no longer watch anything online without being told to sign up for a subscription for $39.99/month!?!?!?!? What the heck, are you kidding me? I logged into my account and it clearly shows that this should be free with the service that I pay for. I tried all the channels and they all say the same thing...subscribe to watch. And I am just talking about CNN and HLN, in this case, it's HLN that they interupt all day long, so this is what I'm trying to watch online. I just tried HBO, and it lets me watch that online! But I can't watch HLN? 

I already called Comcast between 3 & 4 PM today. Of course the rep couldn't help me, couldn't tell me what channels I should be able to watch for free online. I asked to speak to a manager, but of course they wouldn't put me through to anyone. They said managers have to do call backs. I know it wasnt the rep's fault, so finally I gave in and said I would wait for a call back. She told me it would be about 15 minutes. Well, it's been over an hour...and nothing, no call back yet.

Also, I tried watching on my iPad with NO problem, so this makes no sense. I have the Digital Preferred cable package with HBO as well as Xfinity Performance Internet service. There are no problems with my PC since I was able to watch HLN live online yesterday. The problem is Comcast is not letting me watch it and suddenly wants me to pay another $39.99 per month to watch live TV and On Demand. My On Demand is also supposed to come with my service.

Is anyone else having or has anyone had this same problem? If so, what is the issue? Is this true that I would have to pay all this extra money a month to watch general news channels online? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Suddenly Can't Watch Live TV Online, Says to Pay $39.99/month Subscription!!!!!

baybreeze wrote:

Comcast decides to interupt the programming on one channel that I always watch, every 1/2 hour for about 5 minutes. This is extremely aggravating, but there's nothing I can do about it on my TV. So yesterday, I found the watch live TV online option through Comcast' website, and I watched the channel online every time Comcast interupted the programming on my TV. 

I went to do the same thing today, but suddenly I can no longer watch anything online without being told to sign up for a subscription for $39.99/month!?!?!?!? What the heck, are you kidding me? I logged into my account and it clearly shows that this should be free with the service that I pay for. I tried all the channels and they all say the same thing...subscribe to watch. And I am just talking about CNN and HLN, in this case, it's HLN that they interupt all day long, so this is what I'm trying to watch online. I just tried HBO, and it lets me watch that online! But I can't watch HLN? 

I already called Comcast between 3 & 4 PM today. Of course the rep couldn't help me, couldn't tell me what channels I should be able to watch for free online. I asked to speak to a manager, but of course they wouldn't put me through to anyone. They said managers have to do call backs. I know it wasnt the rep's fault, so finally I gave in and said I would wait for a call back. She told me it would be about 15 minutes. Well, it's been over an hour...and nothing, no call back yet.

Also, I tried watching on my iPad with NO problem, so this makes no sense. I have the Digital Preferred cable package with HBO as well as Xfinity Performance Internet service. There are no problems with my PC since I was able to watch HLN live online yesterday. The problem is Comcast is not letting me watch it and suddenly wants me to pay another $39.99 per month to watch live TV and On Demand. My On Demand is also supposed to come with my service.

Is anyone else having or has anyone had this same problem? If so, what is the issue? Is this true that I would have to pay all this extra money a month to watch general news channels online? 

We had a known issue earlier but you should no longer be seeing orange keys over the videos you subscribe to.

If you are still seeing orange keys, try signing out and then signing back in.

If you are still seeing orange keys after signing out, please let me know.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Suddenly Can't Watch Live TV Online, Says to Pay $39.99/month Subscription!!!!!

baybreeze wrote:

We had a known issue earlier but you should no longer be seeing orange keys over the videos you subscribe to.

If you are still seeing orange keys, try signing out and then signing back in.

If you are still seeing orange keys after signing out, please let me know.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the reply. I just tried watching HLN and CNN again via my laptop and it worked this time, so it seems to be resolved for now.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation