Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Subscription

New Poster

Subscription

Today I attempted to view something on TruTV2Go site as well as HBO Go and I was unable to. I know I should have access as I have these channels on my TV. I figured it was a problem with my permissions as my cable was just installed Friday. I then hopped on the chat with the first rep who was unable to handle my problem. He then handed me off to another rep who was supposed to be in the Internet department. He went back over the standard troubleshooting script. Can you see the channels on your TV, can you log on to Xfinity, etc. He went on and on and when it got down to it after a half an hour of going back and forth he finally said to me some channels aren't available and to call the Internet department, and exited the chat. No sorry I cant help you, no I will try and resolve this issue, etc.

I then called the number to find out it was a main number for Comcast not the Internet department. I finally managed to convince them that my problem was not with my logon or my security code but I indeed had found a bug in the system. I finally got to an Internet person who triesd to refresh the server after I finally got him to understand my problem. After waiting for 15 minutes for the "refresh" it didnt work. He then said he needed a minute to sort out the issue and dropped me back into the queue again. He never came back, nothing and I sat on hold for at least twenty minutes, nothing. This is frustrating for many reasons.

First and foremost where is the training for the reps. I used to work for the Comcast predecessor in At&T Broadband in the cable modem department. I have over 8 years in remote technical support and 15 years in the IT field. These reps were clearly reading from a script and not listening to the problem. This is a sentiment I have seen repeated in this forum. It would help with a little bit of training, I would be willing to setup the curriculum.

The second reason is after reading this forum this seems to be a KNOWN ISSUE. That being the case why isnt there a set procedure to remedy this problem when it arises. It should be releatively simple to develop a process and apply it to the problem, especially when the problem seems to be widespread.

My problem is the common one. I go to the TruTV2go or HBO GO, TNT, etc. I click on my provider and after choosing a show to view. It then drops me to a screen saying Access not authorized in the title bar, and a message stating Access to this content requires an XFINITY® TV subscription*. There is a subscribe now button beneath it that takes me to my account info if I click it. I also have the keylocks and no access to Streampix. I should have access to both of these things.

Again I work in computers and I am sure my problem is just something that is not enabled on my account. It should have been a simple matter to resolve this issue. I should not still be tryingto resolve this issue 6 hours later especially with the amout I pay to Comcast every month. For that amount I really expect all the services to work without a hitch.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Subscription

Our team is looking into your account now. I will update you when I learn more about this issue.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation