Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Subscription Required error code 12012

New Poster

Subscription Required error code 12012

3 days now of not being able to access any online on demand or live streaming channels through both browser and xfinity ios app. I've spent a collective 4 hours with techinical support (two Tier 2 reps) and no one understands the issue. I've looked back in the forums and this has something with a billing switchover / profile configuration on comcast's end.  It's a profile issue--has nothing to do with billing or package.  I'm not spending another hour on the phone with someone who tells me to re-boot my GD cable box. 

Service Expert

Re: Subscription Required error code 12012

One thing you can try is to call customer service and ask them to refresh your "entitlements".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Exact same issue. Just realized it yesterday....

Chat just did a full entitlement refresh and I reinstalled app on phone and cleared cache/cookies on PC, still have same issue. They supposedly opened a priority ticket....

Frequent Visitor

Yup, this is the same exact issue I have been experiencing and reported in another thread... now going into it's third day. So far, no one at Comcast seems to have any idea of how to resolve this... very frustrating to say the least.

In my case, I have a series 3 Tivo with cable card that is working fine but for some reason apparently can't sync with Comcast's servers, thus leading to the "no channels" issue when I check my lineup online.

This happened to me in May... that time Comcast was able to identify and clear the problem within the day. But this time, we appear to be stuck... after another chat session earlier today I now have TWO tickets in work to try and resolve this. Hopefully someone from Tier 2 support gets around to taking a look at this... at this rate I'm not getting my hopes up.

New Poster

Same problem here.  Streaming doesn't work on any platform (Roku, Amazon Fire, Xfinity TV Go App, the new Xfinity TV App, the Comcast website) and on the website I get a 3329.12012 error on every channel, even the basic ones.  Has anyone had any success?  What is the issued and what is Comcast doing to address it? This sounds like a fairly wide spread server-side problem and Comcast needs to address it.

New Poster

I am also experiencing this problem, and have also been on the phone with Comcast to no avail.

Most content will not stream--except, seemingly, for content available for free from the channel's website (UnREAL on Lifetime, as an example).  It is as if we have been entirely unsubscribed.  Could this have something to do with the new service they're rolling out/advertising?

New Poster

It's been off for 3 days for our Xfinity TV Go app too! I didn't get any error code but the app keeps piping up with "To watch this channel you'll need to upgrade your subscription..." I called Xfinity and spoke with two support members and was promised to get a call back but never happened.
image.png
Frequent Visitor

I have been on the phone talking to tier3 support for the past several hours.  The issue with the X1 on demand and Comcast streaming apps, error 12012 "not authorized" is now exculated up to Engineering.  It's a backend server side issue on the authorizing server. This is most likely linked to the outage of this server on Saturday. They are working the issue but have no estimate on when it will be repaired at this time.   The tier 3 support suggested to call in if you are having this issue and ask to have a trouble ticket created for upper lever support, this will help identify the areas where this issue exists and what server it might reside on.

I am not a Comcast employee, so please don't ask me any questions, I'm a retired systems engineer that knows just enough to help identify the issue.  But your help by calling Comcast support will help identify the issue and raise the priority in repairing the issue.

Thanks,

Gary

gzarzycki99 wrote:

Same problem here.  Streaming doesn't work on any platform (Roku, Amazon Fire, Xfinity TV Go App, the new Xfinity TV App, the Comcast website) and on the website I get a 3329.12012 error on every channel, even the basic ones.  Has anyone had any success?  What is the issued and what is Comcast doing to address it? This sounds like a fairly wide spread server-side problem and Comcast needs to address it.

New Poster

Exact same problem here.

New Poster

I have had this issue now for over a month.  Just doesn't get past the subscriptioin message. 

Error 3329.12012

New Poster

Same problem here.  Please help.

Regular Visitor

This 12012 error code started popping up while trying to stream live TV in the last few days.

This is happening on multiple tablets and the "xfinity.com/watch" website. Even the older TV to Go app is showing all the orange lock keys for any on demand content for the channels I subscribe to.

I can stream limited basic channels and local channels, but not higher tier channels. I currently have no issue with the digital starter package on my main cable box with a cable card.

I called the following number recommended by HGButchWalker in another thread

877-599-1844   X1 TV Application Support

After being on the phone with low level support personal for some time, I was told that the higher tier channels can only be streamed if you are an X1 customer.

I do not belive this is the case, none of the apps or customer FAQs mention needing to subscribe to the X1 system.

The following help center link "https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/live-tv-streaming/" only claims you need to subscribe to Xfinity TV and Xfinity internet. A supervisor tried to convince me that "Xfinity TV" means the X1 system. Again I do not believe this is the case.

Streaming all the live channels was a very cool feature I had been using in the past month, but apparently no longer the case.

This is lame !!!

Weexy

Update:

After finding this website link that specifically states that non X1 subscribers should be able to stream I decided to call a second time. "https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-requirements/"

I was escalated to

National Advanced Repair X1
888-824-8988

I spoke with John and he actually knew what was going on. He could see the channels I should have access to, but the system had them flagged as not available for streaming.

He had to try a few tricks to get the streaming rights reset on my account, but as of right now it appears to be working again.

He said that the system is having issues with more customers moving from the retired Xfinity To Go app over to the new Xfinity TV app.

Regular Visitor

It worked yesterday , today won't work. What's going on ? Many other people have same problem. Please fix. The
New Poster

TV to GO:  I am having the same problem with code 12012 on my IPhone and IPad while away from home. I have also been told to reboot and referred to other technical "experts". This only happened after I was "forced" to load the new app. I had no problem with streaming while on travel before that.  This is definitely a Comcast problem which they should address before it becomes a public media and marketing challenge. If I cannot fix this by the EOB, I will be definitley converting both residences to Dish or other networks.

Service Expert

Dunbar-01 wrote:

TV to GO:  I am having the same problem with code 12012 on my IPhone and IPad while away from home. I have also been told to reboot and referred to other technical "experts". This only happened after I was "forced" to load the new app. I had no problem with streaming while on travel before that.  This is definitely a Comcast problem which they should address before it becomes a public media and marketing challenge. If I cannot fix this by the EOB, I will be definitley converting both residences to Dish or other networks.

You are aware that the TVtogo app has been replaced by the Xfinity TV app?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/UPDATE-Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Visitor

So I also spent hours via chat and phone calls with xfinity, since it is an xfinity error.  I called roku and they had me remove the channel, re-add the channel, try activating again, and it worked!  Seems when you switch modems the streaming doesnt connect. (had a hard time understanding exact technical speak due to heavy accent).  Hope it works for you guys too!! Good luck!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats