Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Subscribed channels shown "On your TV"

Frequent Visitor

Subscribed channels shown "On your TV"

The web site at <http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings> gives me access to "TV listings" and "DVR manager" for my TV. The two lists show ALL available channels, whether I'm subscribed to them with my plan or not. I have actually been able to set up a program to record from an unsubscribed channel, only to find out afterwards that the program didn't record because I wasn't subscribed. With hundreds of channels available, it's difficult to keep track of the ones included in my subscription.

It would be a big improvement if Comcast/Xfinity could at least indicate which channels I'm subscribed to on the channel listings so I don't have to look it up. I've sent in this suggestion to the support people several times, but from their responsesI don't think they really understand.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Subscribed channels shown "On your TV"

gmc911 wrote:

The web site at <http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings> gives me access to "TV listings" and "DVR manager" for my TV. The two lists show ALL available channels, whether I'm subscribed to them with my plan or not. I have actually been able to set up a program to record from an unsubscribed channel, only to find out afterwards that the program didn't record because I wasn't subscribed. With hundreds of channels available, it's difficult to keep track of the ones included in my subscription.

It would be a big improvement if Comcast/Xfinity could at least indicate which channels I'm subscribed to on the channel listings so I don't have to look it up. I've sent in this suggestion to the support people several times, but from their responsesI don't think they really understand.

Our product team is constantly working on improving the site to make the best experience possible. Thanks for your suggestion; we'll consider your idea for a future release.

In the meantime, we do have a workaround that can be used:

On the TV Listings page (www.xfinitytv.com/tv-listings) you'll notice heart icons next to each channel in the grid. If you select the heart icons of your favorite channels, then choose the favorite channels filter. This way, you'll be able to create your customized grid of your channels.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Subscribed channels shown "On your TV"

Thanks for adding this to your suggestion list. While you're at it, here's another idea for improvement. On the TV listings page (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings), the left-hand column lists the channel number along with a two to five character abbreviation of the channel name. These abbreviations are sometimes difficult to decode. You already have a mouseover hover box feature for this page (watch channel & add to favorites).

How about adding a full channel description to this mouseover box? For example, where the column says 130 FBN, the mouse over box could state that this is the Fox Business Network.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation