Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Stupid on-demand

ANSWERED
New Poster

Stupid on-demand

Lately on-demand is not working for shows that are due to air within a couple of hours. This is absolutely infuriating!!! I pay for hbo, I should be able to watch past episodes on demand at my leisure. Here I am at 9 pm trying to watch a show on demand that aired last but I cant because it replays at 10pm. The dumbest thing about all this is that I can watch the episode on the xfinity stream app and the hbo go app but not on my cable box. Instead I have to wait until 10pm, this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen on the X1 platform and needs to fixed.
Accepted Solution

Re: Stupid on-demand

Hi XxWalla_WallaxX, the information that (MNtundraRET) shared is correct. This isn't an issue that Comcast can fix, the owners of the content (networks) have the ability to post content on demand. Normally all new content is posted on demand within 24 hours of the original air date, if for any reason the content has not been posted please reach out to the network to have them add the show/movie to your on demand menu.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

That is the way the owneres of the show set up things. They contracted out to different sources for more money. They control what and when their shows are played.

Official Employee

Hi XxWalla_WallaxX, the information that (MNtundraRET) shared is correct. This isn't an issue that Comcast can fix, the owners of the content (networks) have the ability to post content on demand. Normally all new content is posted on demand within 24 hours of the original air date, if for any reason the content has not been posted please reach out to the network to have them add the show/movie to your on demand menu.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation