Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Stuck on "connecting to your entertainment experience" endlessly

Frequent Visitor

Stuck on "connecting to your entertainment experience" endlessly

I cannot get past this page, that, as per the title, says "xfinity; now connecting to your entertainment experience," while using chrome. I've just now tested it on firefox and for some reason that works. On chrome, the dots pulse but, exactly as I saw another user say in an older, unresolved thread, it will sit there for hours if I let it. So I can access it through the app on my phone and firefox just fine, but connecting through the individual TV station websites don't work either, saying "this network is not included in your current xfinity TV service." I hadn't tried those websites before so I don't know if they ARE supposed to work, but, through the xfinity website, while using chrome (which I prefer as my main browser), I could watch whatever TV I wanted, live or not, up until a few days ago, and now no part of tv.xfinity.com will load on chrome, not the live TV, not on demand, not the regular selection, my connection through any other sites, nothing.

In addition, I just tried to open a chat with them (in chrome), and I sat there looking at the “connecting to chat, your chat will begin shortly” message for 15 minutes. Last night there was also an issue where I couldn't get ANY part of the xfinity site to load aside from the landing page, if I clicked on mail, or account, or anything, it would give me various kinds of connection errors and not load.

Is it just me right now? Is there a fix for the titular error message? Is the website also just sort of going nuts for anyone else? I'm not paying to watch TV on either a browser I dislike or on my 4" phone screen, there's no reason for that. I've gone through all the permissions I can think of or find references to, clearing cookies and caches, tweaking flash and java, tried all that on a whole nother computer, I don't understand what would be suddenly giving chrome issues and it doesn't seem to be on my end. 

Appreciate any info anyone has! 

New Poster

Re: Stuck on "connecting to your entertainment experience" endlessly

Starting today 04/04/17 I started having the same issue such as "now connecting..." on my laptop but it never loads as normal. I tried using different browers (I currently use chrome but tried edge as well), deleting cache/history, and more but nothing is helping. Every other website works perfectly including video websites like YouTube and A&E. I really feel this must be on Xfinity side since everything else seems to be fine. I normally do not use my cable box in my living room so my main way of watching tv is on xfinitytv.com and now that it will not work I pretty much have no tv! I would really appreciate if someone could help fix this issue people are having. Thanks
Tags (2)
New Poster

Wish I could help you, if I fix my issue I'll let you know.
Frequent Visitor

Same exact issue. Have problem solved everything and it is not my computer.  Loads plerfectly on ipad app...it is just  PC (Windows 10) that is hanging when loading 'my experience'. Not an experience I want to have!!!

Began at beginning of  April.  Have used this site daily sincebefore it was changed to this new experience--which leaves quite a bit to be desired when working properly.  

I have reinstalled all browsers...same issue on every browser...Chrome IE Firefox Edge...have checked all security settings on all browsers and Windows 10...have reinstalled Flash where needed and checked all flash settings on all broswers...flash works fine on other sites just not xfinity...this is NOT at my end...HELP COMCAST JOE!!!

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, it's good to know I'm not the only one still struggling with this currently. The last time I remember it working was before I paid my bill on the 30th, and I don't make sure to do that ON TIME, EVERY MONTH, so that I could suddenly NOT use the "main attraction" feature of the service I'm paying for. :\ Especially since I'm in the same boat as JustKimberly further above, in that I also don't have a TV to use with the cable box. Someone in an older thread mentioned bait-and-switch and y'know, I'm feeling it. I set up this service in early December. I got four good months out of it before my speeds slammed down from 25 mbps to about 5, and I stopped being able to access pretty much anything built-in to the service. 

Knock this s*** off, comcast, and seriously consider compensating customers for time unable to use their services in all the ways they pay to be able to. 

New Poster

Same problem here, all of the above of what you all are having problems with streaming on a laptop. It works fine with the TV To Go app on my iPad and phone, but I don't want to watch Xfinity on those. I've tried Chrome & Edge. No luck. It just hangs on "Now connecting to your entertainment experience." What's very annoying is that no Comcast Xfinity expert in these forums are addressing this issue and offering help. And don't bother ccalling them for tech help. They run you through the ringer to make sure you're paid-up on your bill, then try to sell you more services then you get transferred to a computer cue or a tech that does nothing but offer to refresh your modem. If we can find a solution to this very, very annoying problem, I hope it's from someone from Comcast Xfinity in this forum. And please don't tell me to clear out my cache & cookies. Don't tell me to modify my Windows host files or flush my dns. Been there, done that. This is definitely a problem on Comcast Xfinity's end. Someone, please help. I'll be glad to get rid of my Comcast service if this cannot be addressed.

Frequent Visitor

Lerxst15 wrote:

Same problem here, all of the above of what you all are having problems with streaming on a laptop. It works fine with the TV To Go app on my iPad and phone, but I don't want to watch Xfinity on those. I've tried Chrome & Edge. No luck. It just hangs on "Now connecting to your entertainment experience." What's very annoying is that no Comcast Xfinity expert in these forums are addressing this issue and offering help. And don't bother ccalling them for tech help. They run you through the ringer to make sure you're paid-up on your bill, then try to sell you more services then you get transferred to a computer cue or a tech that does nothing but offer to refresh your modem. If we can find a solution to this very, very annoying problem, I hope it's from someone from Comcast Xfinity in this forum. And please don't tell me to clear out my cache & cookies. Don't tell me to modify my Windows host files or flush my dns. Been there, done that. This is definitely a problem on Comcast Xfinity's end. Someone, please help. I'll be glad to get rid of my Comcast service if this cannot be addressed.

^^^ Exactly, thank you. I am getting extremely fed up with this, having to jump through hoops and use alternative methods that I do not prefer and should not have to turn to just so I can access the services I pay to have not just accessible, but conveniently so. Not "sometimes," not "depending on whether there's an xfinity TV event that they didn't plan the server capacity for," not "some of what you pay for works so obviously whatever doesn't is your problem." All my services, all the time, as long as my bill is paid. This is not just annoying; it is completely unprofessional of them to be charging for a service that they won't actually provide equally to every paying user (plenty of people obviously aren't having this problem; they get to access every one of their services, however they want, yet I'm paying my bill in full on time just the same, and I can't?), and then to not even acknowledge that that is happening.

I will also find another ISP if this is not resolved, soon, and be HAPPY to forgo my bundled, broken TV service altogether in favor of my existing, standalone Netflix subscription, which I can use because it works. I have not been able to watch xfinity TV how I want to, if at all, since before the beginning of the month, as sometimes the fixes work and sometimes they don't. If it gets to the time of my next bill and I still have to either use a separate browser/computer/tablet/phone just to watch TV, or choose to only watch Netflix anyway, I will be not only cancelling my service, but making sure I get a refund for the time and trouble that I had to put in to work around their system's error that is keeping me from my paid-for services, and encouraging every user I see and every person I meet who is having this problem to do the same. There is no reason that any of us should be paying full price, if at all, for services we can't use properly, in all the ways we are paying to be able to use how and whenever we want to. Especially if this error isn't even happening for everyone equally, and they won't even admit to it.

Comcast needs to address this, and not come back dismissing it further with user-end fixes (sign out, sign back in; clear your cookies, clear your cache; reinstall your browser, your plugins, and your living room window). Publicly acknowledge the problem NOW, release a statement of how many members are currently and have been unable to use their services, for how long and on which platforms, so that comcast holds themselves responsible for what's going on and cannot continue to individually dismiss users with the problem, and announce a plan and a timeline to have it fixed within the next 1-3 weeks, and agree to refund users for their broken service, especially if it takes longer than one billing cycle. And, heck, maybe, apologize, instead of letting customer and tech support ignore the problem that it's their job to fix and then blame it on the users when the thing they can do nothing about is still broken!

Frequent Visitor

This is getting really old. I have nothing but probelms with this new site. I am having the same error as above. I have tried the sign out and sign in and this uselly fixed the issue but than I go to watch a show on my dvr it ethier does not play or if it does play it jumps forward 5 seconds at a time. I normally would than select the on demand if it is avaiable and it would play normal. However now we can no longer pick the on demand or get a option to. It just always try to play from the dvr. Please Please come up with a fix. I know things change sometimes and the last website probbly went though a lot of development before it worked 99 percent of the time but this seems we been having the same issues since launch and no updates on whats going on. We need better communcation or a place we can go to see what has been released what is being worked on. 

Service Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [bypassing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 6 in conversation