Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Streampix subscription required

Frequent Visitor

Streampix subscription required

We moved and transferred service to a new address in the same town 2 weeks ago. The technician wasn't willing to fish a line through the wall to the uptairs so we don't yet have a TV hooked up (waiting on an electrician) but we can't seem to watch Streampix online.

I've spent at least 3 hours on the phone with support where they have tried everything from making me restart my computer, to provisioning my modem, to deleting and re-adding Streampix, to deleting it and trying to make me buy a subscription on the website (I got an error message saying There was an error processing your order).

Nothing seems to work.

I can't keep spending hours on the phone getting transfered to the wrong department (I was supposed to go to Signature Support but got some other department just now).

What can I do to get this resolved?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Streampix subscription required

Just now after getting the wrong department again, I was told I was going to Signature Support AGAIN, and got back to the main menu where I had to talk to a regular support rep.

Frequent Visitor

Finally got Tier 2 Signature Support. After 20 minutes the woman told me she could not help me and told me to call back and get Tier 1.

I'm really at a loss here. I just want to watch Streampix.

Frequent Visitor

Just to be clear here are the messages that I've been seeing since we moved to our new address.

Every single rep I have spoken to says yes, we have Showtime, HBO, Streampix and they see no problem on their end.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz80/zenworm/ScreenShot2013-06-10at62335AM_zps09382adc.png

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz80/zenworm/ScreenShot2013-06-10at62352AM_zps9cdcd953.png

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz80/zenworm/ScreenShot2013-06-10at62410AM_zps2165a8f6.png

Frequent Visitor

After about 20 minutes on hold I got to a customer service rep who had never heard of Streampix and told me to call Streampix customer support for help. I told him Streampix was a service of Comcast/Xfinity and he has now transferred me to Signature Support (Tier 2).

Will report back.

Frequent Visitor

After 35 minutes on the phone I got Tier 2 Signature Support again. He told me to hold and then I got transferred without warning back to a menu that said "please enter the zip code where you have or want service." It seems like I'm back in a normal menu again waiting for Tier 1.

Who do I need to speak to to get this issue resolved?

Frequent Visitor

Also every time I'm transferred by Tier 2 the sound quality gets worse and worse so I can barely hear anyone..

???

Frequent Visitor

From Tier 2 I went to someone named Linda in Billing who was in Georgia and couldn't access my account. She is now transferring me to someone in Tech Support (who I think I've already talked to several times).

Frequent Visitor

Was transferred to someone who couldn't hear me even though I was speaking very loudly.

Frequent Visitor

Called back and was transferred to Tech Support again. I'm also trying to chat online with a rep to see if that works better.

Frequent Visitor

Got a cable tech support guy, seemed more of an engineer type. He said he was emailing my local tech supervisor and I should hear back within a day or two.

Frequent Visitor

No one I talked to on the phone could help so I tried Xfinity chat. The chat rep gave me a "temporary Streampix pass" and it fixed my issues, although I understand that, like the name, this is only a temporary fix.

Not sure why issuing a temporary pass when I already have a subscription helped, but it did for now.

Frequent Visitor

If anyone else has this issue I recommend speaking with the Comcast chat support. It took awhile but they were able to issue me a temporary pass that made everything work.

Granted, that's probably temporary just as the name suggests, but it could have fixed a bug and made it work for good... will report back.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation