Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Streampix - some movies play fine, others give 'subscription required' message

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Streampix - some movies play fine, others give 'subscription required' message

I receive streampix with my triple play bundle - my xfinity.com profile confirms that Streampix is available to me online.

When I browse the streampix movie menu, some of the movies show an orange key; the vast majority do not.  The ones without the keys play fine; the others give me the message "Xfinity Streampix Subscription Required' when I try to play them.  For example, "Eyes Wide Shut", has a orange key and tells me I need a Streampix subscription to view it.

I see this issue both on my PC and my iPad.  Any idea what's going on?

Accepted Solution

Re: Streampix - some movies play fine, others give 'subscription required' message

Just heard from Comcast tech support. They discovered there had been an 'entitlement issue' affecting a subset of customers. They successfully took action to fix the problem. Everything is playing fine now. Thanks, everyone!
View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Streampix - some movies play fine, others give 'subscription required' message

MDB86 wrote:

I receive streampix with my triple play bundle - my xfinity.com profile confirms that Streampix is available to me online.

When I browse the streampix movie menu, some of the movies show an orange key; the vast majority do not.  The ones without the keys play fine; the others give me the message "Xfinity Streampix Subscription Required' when I try to play them.  For example, "Eyes Wide Shut", has a orange key and tells me I need a Streampix subscription to view it.

I see this issue both on my PC and my iPad.  Any idea what's going on?

What Streampix videos have you successfully watched?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I've been able to view A Man for All Seasons and Being There online with no problem. They don't display the orange key icon that problem movies do.
Official Employee

MDB86 wrote:
I've been able to view A Man for All Seasons and Being There online with no problem. They don't display the orange key icon that problem movies do.

Hmmmm, that is strange.

I have an account without Streampix and a few movies are available to all customers or are also on a different network which I subscribe to but Eyes Wide Shut does not have a orange key for me.

Try deleting your cookies and cache then try again. If it still does not work, try using a different browser on your PC and see if it works.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I've tried all of your suggestions on multiple browsers, PCs and mobile devices, but the issue persists. Of the hundreds of Streampix movies, only a small number have orange keys. They are the only ones I'm having trouble with: American Anthem, Assassins, Avalanche Express, Ballistic:Ecks vs, Sever, Caddyshack, The Comedians, Dangerous Liaisons, East of Eden, Extreme Measures, Eyes Wide Shut, Lethal Weapon 4, Rabbit Run, Round Midnight, Surviving Picasso, The Ice Pirates, Without Limits, and The Yazuka. I greatly appreciate your efforts so far. Any other suggestions?
Official Employee

MDB86 wrote:
I've tried all of your suggestions on multiple browsers, PCs and mobile devices, but the issue persists. Of the hundreds of Streampix movies, only a small number have orange keys. They are the only ones I'm having trouble with: American Anthem, Assassins, Avalanche Express, Ballistic:Ecks vs, Sever, Caddyshack, The Comedians, Dangerous Liaisons, East of Eden, Extreme Measures, Eyes Wide Shut, Lethal Weapon 4, Rabbit Run, Round Midnight, Surviving Picasso, The Ice Pirates, Without Limits, and The Yazuka. I greatly appreciate your efforts so far. Any other suggestions?

The movies you named above, can you watch them On Demand through your TV?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Not all of them show up on the OnDemand menu (e.g. Caddyshack), but the ones that do (e.g. Eyes Wide Shut, Lethal Weapon 4) play just fine.
Official Employee

MDB86 wrote:
Not all of them show up on the OnDemand menu (e.g. Caddyshack), but the ones that do (e.g. Eyes Wide Shut, Lethal Weapon 4) play just fine.

I have our team looking into this now. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

A rep called my house today while I was at work, but my roommate incorrectly told her everything was fine. Can you look into having them call again? Sorry about the confusion.
Official Employee

MDB86 wrote:
A rep called my house today while I was at work, but my roommate incorrectly told her everything was fine. Can you look into having them call again? Sorry about the confusion.

I reopened your issue. Someone should reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the exact same issue (including that exact list of movies). I am a cable card subscriber, so I can't test on-demand. I watch using my pc and my iPad.
Official Employee

USA1fan wrote:
I am experiencing the exact same issue (including that exact list of movies). I am a cable card subscriber, so I can't test on-demand. I watch using my pc and my iPad.

Just to be clear: some Streampix videos do work but others do not? The ones that do not work are the ones mentioned above?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

That is correct. I found this topic while doing a google search about this problem, and was really surprised when I saw that even the list of "locked" movies was the same. Just browsing the list of movies in streampix, I see the orange key ONLY by the listed titles. Attempting to play them gives me the subscription required message. However, the others play fine.
Frequent Visitor

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this issue.

I've been working with a very helpful rep from Comcast tech support over the last few weeks, but she still hasn't been able to pinpoint the problem.  The engineering department is still working on figuring out what's going on.

I'll check back in once it's fixed.

Frequent Visitor

Just heard from Comcast tech support. They discovered there had been an 'entitlement issue' affecting a subset of customers. They successfully took action to fix the problem. Everything is playing fine now. Thanks, everyone!
New Poster

I'm having the same orange key icon showing up and I cannot play those movies. What do I need to do? I read there was some sort of entitlement issue?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a triple play member.
Frequent Visitor

Maybe this "entitlement" issue is what my problem is too.  Can someone from Comcast tell me what I need to tell the CSR the next time I call to ensure that this problem is fixed?

Official Employee

Ask them to check your entitlements, they will initialize your boxes and all should be good

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Comcast Joe-

I hope you can help.  I have triple play HD Digital prefered and am unable to access Streampix via my TV or through the internet (I can see the movies and shows, but when I try to watch them I am prompted to pay or subscribe).  I worked with customer service unsuccessfully last week to try and resolve.  Thier answer was to send a technician to my house- which I had to cancel because I couldn't take the time off from work.  Additionally, I called COMCAST last night, but couldn't stay on the phone for 25 minutes. 

Reading below, it looks like an entitlement issue.  Is this something you can fix? 

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion of checking entitlements.  Unfortunately - that didn't work.  Instead, the woman helping me just added an additional monthly charge to get the StreamPix working.  Had to call again and spent 25 minutes getting someone else to take off the additional charge.  Crazy stuff and still no resolution.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation