Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Streampix not available with Blast Plus

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Streampix not available with Blast Plus

I'm a Blast Plus subscriber which is listed as elegible for Streampix, but when I attempt to view any content I get the orange lock and a prompt to subscribe. I'm logged in with the primary account ID.

Accepted Solution

Re: Streampix not available with Blast Plus

Joe resolved this for me. Thanks for the effort.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

bdmorton wrote:

I'm a Blast Plus subscriber which is listed as elegible for Streampix, but when I attempt to view any content I get the orange lock and a prompt to subscribe. I'm logged in with the primary account ID.

Are you a Xfinity TV Cable subscriber? If so, what is the make and model of your cable box?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Good luck with that buddy.. I am having the same problem. It is listed as part of the package yet I do not have access either. I have spent over 6 hours so far with support trying to get them to add it to my account. Half of them tell me it is an account problem and send me to sales and the other half have told me it is an internet problem and send me to xfinity support. 

I also had one person tell me it was not included in the package, even though if you look at what is listed it is clearly made available.

I am unable to access it online or on the cable box.

Official Employee

DAmwake wrote:

Good luck with that buddy.. I am having the same problem. It is listed as part of the package yet I do not have access either. I have spent over 6 hours so far with support trying to get them to add it to my account. Half of them tell me it is an account problem and send me to sales and the other half have told me it is an internet problem and send me to xfinity support. 

I also had one person tell me it was not included in the package, even though if you look at what is listed it is clearly made available.

I am unable to access it online or on the cable box.

Our team is looking into your issue. Your account does say you have Streampix. Someone will reach out to you shortly and I will keep you updated when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Just thought I would give an update, it is now working. I have no idea what you guys did but you fixed it Smiley Happy

I am never using the live chat feature again though, that was a nightmare I do not wish to repeat.

Official Employee

DAmwake wrote:

Just thought I would give an update, it is now working. I have no idea what you guys did but you fixed it Smiley Happy

I am never using the live chat feature again though, that was a nightmare I do not wish to repeat.

I am glad that it is now working but I am sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with our chat feature.

Xfinity is always looking for ways to improve our customer service and your experience with us. We will take your feedback under consideration going forward.

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused,

Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Yes, I'm a Blast Plus cable/internet subscriber. I use a cablecard, not a cable box, but the issue is with the Streampix website at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-networks/Streampix/486/main

Silver Problem Solver

my guess is your account is coded incorrectly. 

Contributor

I have been on the phone for hours since last week when I switched to Blast Plus.  The latest ya-hoo "customer service" comcast guy told me I had to upgrade to triple play to get streampix for $139! He also stated that he sees Streampix on my account, but it is an error!  So Iooked up the web page that clearly lists Streampix with the Blast Plus offer.  He denied it is an offer!!!!  He told me he would call me back in an hour after I threatened to contact a lawyer for false advertising.  This was my 4th or 5th call.  I am fed up.  Can anyone at Comcast fix this???? 

Contributor

Blast Plus

I have been on the phone for hours since last week when I switched to Blast Plus.  The latest ya-hoo "customer service" comcast guy told me I had to upgrade to triple play to get streampix for $139! He also stated that he sees Streampix on my account, but it is an error!  So I Iooked up the web page that clearly lists Streampix with the Blast Plus offer.  I read it back to him.  He denied it is an offer!!!!  He told me he would call me back in an hour after I threatened to contact a lawyer for false advertising.  This was my 4th or 5th call.  I am fed up.  Can anyone at Comcast fix this???? 

Cable Expert

Re: Blast Plus

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Or you can ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Blast Plus

The latest update--the comcast guy never called me back.  Still no streampix or solutions...

Official Employee

susiemcg1 wrote:

I have been on the phone for hours since last week when I switched to Blast Plus.  The latest ya-hoo "customer service" comcast guy told me I had to upgrade to triple play to get streampix for $139! He also stated that he sees Streampix on my account, but it is an error!  So Iooked up the web page that clearly lists Streampix with the Blast Plus offer.  He denied it is an offer!!!!  He told me he would call me back in an hour after I threatened to contact a lawyer for false advertising.  This was my 4th or 5th call.  I am fed up.  Can anyone at Comcast fix this???? 

What type of cable package do you have?

Do Streampix programs work On Demand?

Are you signed in with your Comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Hi, Joe:

Thank you for your reply.  I have the Blast Plus package for current customers.  I can access Streampix on my computer with my ID. I cannot access it on my TV.  I cannot connect to On Demand; it has not been working since I switched plans.  How can I access Streampix on my TV as promised by the ad? Thanks again!

Official Employee

susiemcg1 wrote:

Hi, Joe:

Thank you for your reply.  I have the Blast Plus package for current customers.  I can access Streampix on my computer with my ID. I cannot access it on my TV.  I cannot connect to On Demand; it has not been working since I switched plans.  How can I access Streampix on my TV as promised by the ad? Thanks again!

I have our team looking into this for you. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Any update on this? I responded more than a week ago that I'm a Blast Plus cable and internet subscriber which is listed as being eligible for Streampix. The question about the cable box doesn't apply because I use a cablecard.

Official Employee

bdmorton wrote:

Any update on this? I responded more than a week ago that I'm a Blast Plus cable and internet subscriber which is listed as being eligible for Streampix. The question about the cable box doesn't apply because I use a cablecard.

There is a ticket open for you and our team is working on it now. Someone should reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee
Moved:

Since Streampix is working online, this is an Video On Demand issue

Contributor

So what am I supposed to do?  Did Comcast turn off my Video on Demand (I had it until I switched to Blast Plus) and if so, how do I access the promised Streampix on my TV? Am I supposed to call and call and call and waste more of my valuable time on this?  Again--IS THERE ANYONE AT COMCAST WHO CAN FIX THIS???? I am getting more and more frustrated. It was promised in the ad and I should not have to keep revisiting this issue. No one on your phone lines seems to know much about Blast Plus or Streampix.

Contributor

Ditto. Same problem here!!!
Contributor

Hi, Zesty--Has anyone helped you yet?  I haven't had time to call anyone again.  Hope you have better luck than me!

Contributor

Nope. No one has reached out to me. I am hoping that someone from Comcast does soon. I also might email corporate--the last time I did so i got a call that evening!

Regular Visitor

Joe resolved this for me. Thanks for the effort.

Contributor

Hi!  I was on the phone for hours last night and eventually talked to a supervisor.  She lied to me and said streampix on TV was not available in my area.  I called her out on that one since I ordered from my current account and had been on the phone with numerous people.  I also have a copy of my chat session when I ordered the Blast Plus package.  She then told me Streampix on TV did not come with my package, even after I read the ad to her. I walked her through to the website offer and read it under the package details.  She told me that the package details was not what came with the package but what could come with the package.  She sounded like a flim flam artist.  They have now removed the statement from the website stating you can get it on TV with this pkg.  I, however, have a screenshot of their ad. They are telling me I have to get a different package for more money or reduce my internet to 12 mbps, etc., etc., etc.  Comcast is not honoring their ad, nor do they care that I have been with them for years. I guess this is where I go buy a computer and ditch cable TV.  I am really disgusted with all the time I have spent on this issue and the total lack of service from Comcast.  Time for changes.  I hope you have success with them.

New Poster

I also have triple play and cannot access streampix.  Can you activate it for me?

New Poster

I just got off with a rep at comcast who said even though I have triple play I don't get streampix.  They said it's because I have a cable card.  He said I need the HD package.  I told him that I get HD channels through my package but he says that because  I have a cable card I don't get streampix.  Is that true?

Contributor

I have the same screenshot too. Really glad to see Comcast is engaging in its old classic bate and switch. This company has perhaps the most predatory advertising and misleading service out there. Combine that with the fact that they have a monopoly here I know remember why I ditched cable a few years back. Oh well, it was worth a shot. Good luck to Comcast- fast becoming a totally obsolete company and business model
Official Employee

jayman13 wrote:

I just got off with a rep at comcast who said even though I have triple play I don't get streampix.  They said it's because I have a cable card.  He said I need the HD package.  I told him that I get HD channels through my package but he says that because  I have a cable card I don't get streampix.  Is that true?

Sadly, this is true but videos should still work online. Try signing in at Xfinitytv.com with your Comcast ID or Comcast.net e-mail address and let me know if videos work.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

i have the same problem.'is someone able to solve it for me?

Official Employee

m2b wrote:

i have the same problem.'is someone able to solve it for me?

Do Streampix videos work online and just don't appear On Demand?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

This is my problem--I can get streampix to work online, but not On Demand.

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

i am able to view some content online but the movies i have tried to watch have the message that i must subscribe and i have the blast plus package which is supposed to include the streampix. i made sure that i am logged in and no luck. also the on demand doesn't work on my cable box  i talked with support today and he said that the on demand had to work before the streampix would work online. this seems strange to me. i will be back home tomorrow to try and see if he was able to fix the on demand issue but i can't see how that would keep me from viewing online content. any help would be great thanks

Official Employee

m2b wrote:

Joe,

i am able to view some content online but the movies i have tried to watch have the message that i must subscribe and i have the blast plus package which is supposed to include the streampix. i made sure that i am logged in and no luck. also the on demand doesn't work on my cable box  i talked with support today and he said that the on demand had to work before the streampix would work online. this seems strange to me. i will be back home tomorrow to try and see if he was able to fix the on demand issue but i can't see how that would keep me from viewing online content. any help would be great thanks

I do see Streampix on your account. What videos are working online and which ones are not?

Also, I see there was a ticket open for your On Demand not working and it was closed yesterday afternoon. Was it not resolved?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Hey Joe, Any chance you can tell me whats going on with my account? Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

the only thing that is not working are the movies that are streampix, it says that a streampix subscription is needed. it would appear that all else is corrected but i have tried to watch ice pirates and it is blocked with the streampix message. thanks 

as for the on demand   i will be home to see  if it works tomorrow

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

no the on demand is not fixed. i am getting an error 7 and am being instructed to call customer service which i will do this evening

i am also not able to access streampix movies online such as"ice pirates" it says i need to subscribe still

Frequent Visitor

I am also having this issue. I switched from verizon fios to reduce my billing costs and am already regretting it.  I spoke to a technical support person for a half hour only to have him tell me that it is only available online or if i upgrade to the 139$ package. I specifically chose the blast plus because it offered some on demand type programming. This is very frustrating and I am already thinking of switching back to verizon.  The cost might be a little more but not so much more reliable.

Official Employee

babeg wrote:

I am also having this issue. I switched from verizon fios to reduce my billing costs and am already regretting it.  I spoke to a technical support person for a half hour only to have him tell me that it is only available online or if i upgrade to the 139$ package. I specifically chose the blast plus because it offered some on demand type programming. This is very frustrating and I am already thinking of switching back to verizon.  The cost might be a little more but not so much more reliable.

Are you getting orange keys when you are trying to watch a Streampix video online?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I am able to view the videos online but not through my tv.  When I was signing up for this service I was told by the chat rep that I would be able to view a limited on demand like service (streampix) through my television and online.  Is this not true? Is this service available online only?  This is a big disppointment as that was one of the reasons I chose this service.

Contributor

Ditto. I was told the same thing, and Im pretty sure the Comcast people lied/ had no idea what try we're talking about. I'm considering canceling my service in the 30 day window unless Joe or someone else at Comcast can help me
Contributor

Welcome to the club.  It looks like the ad lied and either the sales people do not know what is offered with the plan or they are lying, too.  My friend sent me his chat conversation from a few days ago.  The sales person specifically wrote that on demand and streampix on his TV were included in the Blast Plus plan, so the lie continues.  However, a supervisor last week told me I could not and would not get streampix on my TV with the Blast Plus plan.  Comcast's answer to this problem has been to change the ad and forget the promise to their current customers.  They also forgot to tell their employees not to say it was included when it is being ordered!  So much for the customer guarantee they promote on their website and tv ads!

Contributor

Hi, Zesty--good luck on getting any help from Comcast.  They have not done anything for me but waste my time.  They do not care about their customers.

Frequent Visitor

did you tire of me Joe?

i contacted the customer service number and Honey in sales claimed to fix the streamcast issue but that hasn't happened. the videos labeled stream pix still are unavailable without a script which all seem to agree comes with the blast plus package. alos i was put thru to the on demand so called help which scheduled for a service tech to come out after about two hours of powering down and reseting everything. i thought we were on our way to success when i recieved a phone call that informed me that the ondemand was not a part of the blast plus package but he might be able to add it by changing my plan and increasing the cost... what gives with this company? i have been patient and jumped the hoops only to be jerked around totaly. as i read from others who were told the same things about the service they purchased i feel slighted by the fact that some of the features i was sold are not being provided. furthermore everyone you talk too says something diferent even when they are looking at the account. for a communications company you would expect better communicating. seems i have 20+ days to decide on weather to keep this service.Please don't insult me by listing this as a solution. six days of frustration is a bit much

Official Employee

m2b wrote:

did you tire of me Joe?

i contacted the customer service number and Honey in sales claimed to fix the streamcast issue but that hasn't happened. the videos labeled stream pix still are unavailable without a script which all seem to agree comes with the blast plus package. alos i was put thru to the on demand so called help which scheduled for a service tech to come out after about two hours of powering down and reseting everything. i thought we were on our way to success when i recieved a phone call that informed me that the ondemand was not a part of the blast plus package but he might be able to add it by changing my plan and increasing the cost... what gives with this company? i have been patient and jumped the hoops only to be jerked around totaly. as i read from others who were told the same things about the service they purchased i feel slighted by the fact that some of the features i was sold are not being provided. furthermore everyone you talk too says something diferent even when they are looking at the account. for a communications company you would expect better communicating. seems i have 20+ days to decide on weather to keep this service.Please don't insult me by listing this as a solution. six days of frustration is a bit much

Is your On Demamd fixed or are you still getting Error 7?

Babeg: Is the Streampix option showing up ON Demand but you are locked out or does it not appear On Demand at all?

Zestyteich: Is your On Demand still giving you issues?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

I'll check again (was gone this weekend), but On Demand still did not work as of last Friday (was getting Error 7 and when checked, had no IP address coming to the box). I have the Blast Plus package--which seems to not include On Demand, but I think y'all need to fix your marketing materials that clearly show On Demand being a part of the package. Additionally, even if I can't get On Demand to work, I would like the control via iPad and iPhone to work (which you hinted might be connected to the On Demand not working..)

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

I still cannot view streampix on my tv. Can you help me? I have called support twice to no avail. ....

Official Employee

babeg wrote:

Joe,

I still cannot view streampix on my tv. Can you help me? I have called support twice to no avail. ....

Is the Streampix option showing up On Demand but you are locked out?

or

Does it not appear On Demand at all? (It would be under Premium Channels > Streampix)

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

No truck and no streampix

Hi, Joe:

No truck and no help. Comcast is telling me the only way to get streampix on my tv is to have on demand and that I can't have on demand with blast plus.
Official Employee

Re: No truck and no streampix

susiemcg1 wrote:
Hi, Joe:

No truck and no help. Comcast is telling me the only way to get streampix on my tv is to have on demand and that I can't have on demand with blast plus.

I am so sorry. I thought you just recently updated to Blast Plus but I did not know you dropped Xfinity Cable completely in the process. You must have On Demand to access Streampix since there is no live Streampix channel. All of its content is On Demand. 

Again, I am sorry but Streampix will only be available on your computer.

Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Re: No truck and no streampix

I do have xfinity cable, but no on demand. What gives?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats