Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Streampix never works

Frequent Visitor

Streampix never works

Streampix is costing $6, times how many others that don't have it working. Free money for the richies  who own Comcast. I've spent about 2 hours this last go around with Customer Service who not only couldn't get my Streampix working but basically refused to get me a Supervisor. And of course the non-english speaking service Rep's make it even more agonizing. All I got for 2 hours was "Let's try reseting/rebooting your Modem" wich accomplished nothing. Any other Rep's who know how to fix this, can speak fluent english, not read from a book in front of them and actually is an IT Cert Tech contact me. I'm tired of paying for services that never work and frankly others and myself are owed a goddamn discount for this.

Problem Solver

Re: Streampix never works

I have been working very, very hard to address this problem & problems watching Xfinity TV online.

Can you tell me in more detail what you see on your screen? Do you see a blank screen? Do you get an Error message?

What is your operating system? (Windows 7, etc) Which browser are you using? Do you know your browser version? (Internet Explorer 10, etc)  Have you tried using more than one browser?

Can you watch the free movies at Crackle.com (you do not need to download the crackle app)

I hope I can help you but I need more info, as long as you continue to reply I will try to help.

Here is a suggestion instead of using phony support.  TRY ONLINE CHAT.

To use online CHAT click on SUPPORT at the top of this page. On the next page at the bottom right click on CONTACT US..On the next page at the bottom left click on CHAT WITH AN AGENT.

The best things about using chat are they do not put you on hold and you do not have to press a button to hear a recording that tells you to press another button.

Connection Expert
Moved:

Connection Expert
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

I'll send that info later today for you. Thanks for your help

Problem Solver

I forgot to ask a couple of questions,

Have you EVER been able to watch Streampix?

If yes, how long ago did you notice the change?

Frequent Visitor

Sorry for the delay just had 3 teeth yanked. I run win 7 64bit As rock extreme7 gen 3 mobo I5-2500k XFX 7950 video. And it did work prior to changing to the 2nd modem they sent and I installed. Different maker is all.
Problem Solver

Since the problem occured after a modem change, I do not believe anything changed on your computer that I can help with. I think you should repost your question in .....Comcast help and Support Forums>Xfinity internet>Basic Internet Connectivity And Modem Help

Besure to include the modem name and model number. If you want you can try the suggestion below

THIS IS FOR WINDOWS 7 & VISTA USERS ONLY.

Microsoft has an automated solutions site that repairs Windows 7 & Vista Problems. This link is for video problems.

I can not run these solutions on my computer because I have Windows 8.1 and this site states "We are sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft Fix It at this time". Windows 8 users will get the same message.

Here is the link. On the web page click on Run now.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/video_freezes_or_crashes/

After running the program click on one of the two light blue links on the web page. This will take you to the Microsoft Fix It - MAIN PAGE. Bookmark this page because there are a total of 27 other repair options.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks man I'll check it out. Have a good weekend.
Problem Solver

You have a good one too.

In your new post state that Streampix worked with your old modem. Some modems are more reliable than others. This not an area I am familiar with.

You should also do an internet speed test. Click on this link -

http://www.speedtest.net/

I have Performance Internet from Comcast and am supposed to have a

download speed of 25 Mbps my speed test results are almost always better.

Click here to see my results from today.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3449666880

Frequent Visitor

Thank you
Problem Solver

Hi usveteran,

Just thought I would check with you to see if you got your modem problem fixed?

Frequent Visitor

Not yet, been too busy at work. Let you know after I get it fixed. Thank you
Problem Solver

Thanks, when I looked up your system it looks like a bad boy set up for extream gaming.

I thought when you get some time you might enjoy this link.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?273907-**Official**-Asrock-Z68-Gen3-Extreme7-amp-...

Your system makes my Windows 8.1  64 bit look like a toy.

Problem Solver

If you post your modem make and model I can check it's reputation and check if there are any better options. I have lots of free time. I guess you rent it from Comcast for $8 per month. What is your internet speed tier? (Blast?)  

This is my last message tonight, I swear - not trying to be a pain.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation