Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Streaming Live Video Problems

New Poster

Streaming Live Video Problems

I often watch live tv on my pc. Ever since XFINITY switched to the new platform for steaming, my computer monitor gets a transparent green noise whenever I stream live TV. It doesn't happen when I watch video or stream from any other platform. It only happened when XFINITY switched over, so I can narrow it down to it being something different from the old platform to the new. 

My graphics drivers are all up to date. Flashplayer is up to date. I tried disabling hardware acceleration to no avail.

My computer specs

Processor Information:
    CPU Vendor:  GenuineIntel
    CPU Brand:         Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz
    CPU Family:  0x6
    CPU Model:  0x2d
    CPU Stepping:  0x7
    CPU Type:  0x0
    Speed:  3200 Mhz
    12 logical processors
    6 physical processors
    HyperThreading:  Supported
    FCMOV:  Supported
    SSE2:  Supported
    SSE3:  Supported
    SSSE3:  Supported
    SSE4a:  Unsupported
    SSE41:  Supported
    SSE42:  Supported
    AES:  Supported
    AVX:  Supported
    CMPXCHG16B:  Supported
    LAHF/SAHF:  Supported
    PrefetchW:  Supported

Network Information:
    Network Speed: 

Operating System Version:
    Windows 7 (64 bit)
    NTFS:  Supported
    Crypto Provider Codes:  Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
    Driver:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

DirectX Driver Name:  nvd3dum.dll
    Driver Version:  21.21.13.7290
    DirectX Driver Version:  21.21.13.7290
    Driver Date: 16 Sept 2016
    OpenGL Version: 4.5
    Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
    Monitor Refresh Rate: 59 Hz
    DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
    VendorID:  0x10de
    DeviceID:  0x1189
    Revision:  0xa1
    Number of Monitors:  3
    Number of Logical Video Cards:  3
    No SLI or Crossfire Detected
    Primary Display Resolution:  1920 x 1200
    Desktop Resolution: 5520 x 1200
    Primary Display Size: 26.65" x 16.65"  (31.42" diag)
                                            67.7cm x 42.3cm  (79.8cm diag)
    Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
    Primary VRAM: 4095 MB
    Supported MSAA Modes:  2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
    Audio device: Speakers (Plantronics .Audio 64

Memory:
    RAM:  32688 Mb

When taking a screenshot, the green noise wouldn't show. I had to take a pic with my phone.

New Poster

Re: Streaming Live Video Problems

20161006_154708.jpg

Problem Solver

Your picture didn't show up, probably could be too big.

Regardless, what browser are you seeing the greenish tint on? Have you tried a different browser?

New Poster

Thanks for your reply. I primarily use Firefox but I have the same problem with IE & Chrome.

This started happening exactly when XFINITY switched over to the new platform. I always streamed XFINITY before that with no problem. If I can find out what certan thing is different between the old and new XFINITY platform, It would help diagnosing the problem..

Problem Solver

pippenshaw wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I primarily use Firefox but I have the same problem with IE & Chrome.

This started happening exactly when XFINITY switched over to the new platform. I always streamed XFINITY before that with no problem. If I can find out what certan thing is different between the old and new XFINITY platform, It would help diagnosing the problem..

If it is happening on all browsers, it sounds like a video issue. Possibly check some settings for your video card.

Gold Problem Solver

HowAboutThisOne wrote: Your picture didn't show up, probably could be too big. ...

More likely, in the poster's Profile, the image is in a Private folder. The poster should move it to a Public folder if they want it to show up.

New Poster

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Your picture didn't show up, probably could be too big.

BruceW wrote:

HowAboutThisOne wrote: Your picture didn't show up, probably could be too big. ...

More likely, in the poster's Profile, the image is in a Private folder. The poster should move it to a Public folder if they want it to show up.

The green noise looks like the black and white snow you would get on a TV. It's just green and slightly transparent.
New Poster

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

If it is happening on all browsers, it sounds like a video issue. Possibly check some settings for your video card.

It's definitely a video issue. The problem is unique to the new XFINITY platform. I stream and watch videos on countless other platforms and never had the problem and still don't - just on XFINITY. It's not the settings on my video card. I'm assuming it's has to do something with the new XFINITY and flashplayer. If that's the case, I would need to know what is different between the old XFINITY and flashplayer (that worked) and the new XFINITY and flashplayer. (doesn't work)
Problem Solver

pippenshaw wrote:
It's definitely a video issue. The problem is unique to the new XFINITY platform. I stream and watch videos on countless other platforms and never had the problem and still don't - just on XFINITY. It's not the settings on my video card. I'm assuming it's has to do something with the new XFINITY and flashplayer. If that's the case, I would need to know what is different between the old XFINITY and flashplayer (that worked) and the new XFINITY and flashplayer. (doesn't work)

Sorry I can't be of more help but does it look like the image in this post? You can see this person didn't get much help either. Maybe you can PM the Comcast tech who replied in that thread. That issue was on the app though, not the web player.

New Poster

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

pippenshaw wrote:

Sorry I can't be of more help but does it look like the image in this post? You can see this person didn't get much help either. Maybe you can PM the Comcast tech who replied in that thread. That issue was on the app though, not the web player.

That's ok. I'll try elsewhere. Thanks for trying to help.

The top pic is how the video should look. The bottom is how it looks. I have to get this figured out.....

http://i67.tinypic.com/2w6gu1k.png

Bronze Problem Solver

pippenshaw wrote:

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

pippenshaw wrote:

The top pic is how the video should look. The bottom is how it looks. I have to get this figured out.....

That brings back memories of tv from an antenna, what a flash back

Problem Solver

pippenshaw wrote:

The only other suggestion I can give you to try is to open the Flash Player settings. In Chrome you can do that by opening this link:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html

Once that page opens, right click over the "Global Privacy Settings panel" and select Settings. That panel will look like this:

flash.jpg

That should open the "Adobe Flash Player settings". Uncheck the box for "Enable Hardware acceleration" and click close. See if that makes a difference.

Problem Solver

Another thing to try in Chrome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlZKv_9Jf74

New Poster

I tired that already - still having the same issue. Thanks for the suggestion.

New Poster

m.venanzi wrote:

pippenshaw wrote:

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

pippenshaw wrote:

That brings back memories of tv from an antenna, what a flash back

Yup.I'm old enough to remember that too. LOL

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation