Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Stream tv app - downloads never complete, constantly retry

New Poster

Stream tv app - downloads never complete, constantly retry

All downloads one the stream tv app download to 100%, then start over. This stopped working. 

Does anyone a this Xfinity even test their code updates?

ant ideas how to resolve

New Poster

Re: Stream tv app - downloads never complete, constantly retry

Same issue,  horrible app.  I cannot download anything, and never have been able to.  Tried to call service.  "Have you rebooted?"  Have you re-installed?  Same old same old.  What network are you on? Xfinity wifi.

Horrible.  This should never have been released they obviously did not test at all.

Official Employee

Hello all, I can assist you with getting your download working through our Xfinity Stream app. If the app downloads the content to 100% and then starts over there could be an issue with the app itself or the asset that you're trying to download. Please make sure the content you're trying to download is on your DVR on listed as on demand. Also please try testing the same show/movie online at our website to ensure that it plays correctly there. If everything checks out fine online then that means your app itself is having the issue and you need to remove the app and then download it again. This will allow for the most up to date version of our app to be added to your equipment, and fix any bugs from the older version. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have the same issue. I am fed up with Comcast.

New Poster

Suddenly, I cannot stream anything on any of my devices from the Xfinity app or even xfinity.com on my laptop.  No recordings, no On Demand shows, nothing!  I can watch live TV, but even that's a little glitchy.  This has been going on for a couple of days now, any time, day or night.  I've never had this problem before.  I tried restarting devices, tried deleting and reloading the app (though that doesn't address why it won't even work on xfinity.com on my laptop).  They should never have put up this service if it doesn't work!! thoughts???

New Poster

Here's the screenshot of the error message. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 3.25.59 PM.png
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation