Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Stream TV Difficulties

New Poster

Stream TV Difficulties

Hi all,

I am attempting to the signup for the Stream TV service that would allow me to stream local broadcasts only using the TV App provided by Xfinity. This service is meant only for those who do not have a cable subscription, can only be viewed from your home network, and is only available in a few states including Massachusetts where I reside. After talking to a few Comcast respresentatives they initially thought I was discussing the TV Anywhere service for those that do have the subscription, it took some time simply to get the representatives to understand what service I was discussing. After spending some time on the phone it came down that the only way to sign up for this service was by self-service at the web address www.xfinity.com/stream , this simply brings you to the TV portal where you would watch streaming tv if you already have the service.

I was able to find the correct website and sign up for a trial. I was then given a message saying I will receive a confirmation email to begin the service. This email did not appear in any of the email addresses associated with my Comcast account and has not appeared under my services either. I am at a loss at how to sign up for this service provided by Comcast or why it is so difficult to try and sign up for additional services. I do not want to sign up for a full cable subscription that comes with cable boxes, etc. and simply want to see if this streaming service for local broadcasts only is worth the extra $15 on top of our internet.

Thank you for your time,

Dan

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation