Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Status on an App for Windows Phone 7.5

Frequent Visitor

Status on an App for Windows Phone 7.5

Hello,

Can any Comcast rep provide us with the status on the Xfinity mobile app for Windows Phones? Early this summer customer service said it would be out in August.  I can control my SqueezeBox and Roku via my phone and I've enjoyed watching Netflix. Hopefully an Xfinity app is on the way.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Status on an App for Windows Phone 7.5

Complete support to J cause!

New Poster

Here Here, I have been waiting and waiting!

Silver Problem Solver

do you live in a motorola market?  Its only available there.  Ill tell you it doesn't do that much.

New Poster

Seriously, there's even an app in the small Blackberry market! That blows. Let's go Comcast devs! GET ER DONE!!!

New Poster

Agreed!  Please please please create a Windows Phone app!!!  Windows 8 isnt too far away an this would put Comcast in a good position to re-leverage the Metro app once it releases. 

New Poster

Here Here, I would love to have this app!

New Poster

My wife and I are waiting for a Windows Phone 7 or 7.5 app to show up as well. I had the app on my old iphone and on android, but since switching to Windows Phone 7.5, it's about the only app I'm missing.

New Poster

I agree. I have the HTC Trophy and im waiting for a Comcast app also. Let's go Comcast what are we waiting for. Let have an app for the Windows Phone 7 users also!!!

I would love to see an Xfinity app on this UI!!

Frequent Visitor

This is definitely something that interests me as well.  I would love to be able to use my WP7 to control our Comcast HD VDR and play back our recorded programs, as well as explore On Demand content :-)

New Poster

yes please! I'm using the browser on my WP7 to control but ts real slow

New Poster

Yeah!  Where is my Windows Phone 7 app?  It would be nice to hear some kind of timeline or expected release date.

New Poster

i concur

New Poster

I'll add my voice to the chorus and keep this thread alive. I'm planning to switch to WP7 when I get a Nokia Lumia 900 to replace my iPhone 4. The xfinity app is one of the only apps that is missing from my essentials.

New Poster

Now that texting is available on the Xfinity mobile app it's about time to figure out a way to make it available for us satisfied Windows Phone users.

New Poster

I couldn't agree more Caron...Really disappointed by Comcast and their lack of support/information.  How about some kind of word regarding this lack of support?  Some kind of loose timetable would suffice as long as I know that someone is actually working on it.

Official Employee

Hi all,

We are evaluating our options for our mobile apps on all platforms. This is a constant research effort based on market conditions, customer responses, and technology changes.

At this time, I have no timetable about an app for Windows Mobile.

If I learn any information, I will update this thread.

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

It does seem absurd that there isn't a WinPhone app yet, given that it's the fastest growing phone UI.  Microsoft has provided easy porting tools from the Android app, so most code can stay as-is.  And since Comcast is releasing an Xbox app, which uses the same code as WinPhone, then they are really off their game if they're not close to release.  This is an app that could've, should've, would've been done months ago. 

New Poster

Especially when you consider this:

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/windows-phone-7-app-comcast%e2%80%99s-xfinity/12345/

That concept was designed nearly two years ago. Get to work Comcast!

New Poster

I am adding my $.02 to this thread.  Let's go ComCast!  Windows Phone is a terrific operating system, and will only get bigger and more popular, now that they've joined forces with Nokia.  Please hurry up and get your mobile app onto the Windows Phone platform!

New Poster

Yeah its a little surprising they arent even in the development stage with an app. Prob not even in the research stage for that matter.

Plenty of large scale apps are porting over or already have to the WP format. its the fasting growing market place for a reason. 70k apps in 2 years?

Please know that the demand is surely there. These forums are not a dependable scale to gauge this obviously.

People dont know they want it until its shown to them or offered.

Frequent Visitor

Perhaps mom was right. I watch too much TV. I guess I'll increase reading on my Windows Phone Kindle and workout to an audible books when the Audible.com app launches soon. this month I hope. Xfinity Windows Phone 9 anyone?
New Poster

We need a Windows Phone app from Comcast to control the DVR!!!  Please add me to the long list of customers that want an app.

Can we get a status?

New Poster

It's been a while since we got an official update from Comcast on this thread...any word? Would love to check/update my DVR via an app on my Windows Phone!

Thanks!

New Poster

its mildly suprising but look at how slow the cable industry is with technology as a whole.

hopefully with all the attention the nokia 800/900 is bringing it will ramp up the efforts.

Come on Comcast!

New Poster

just wanted to let any WP users checkin up on this thread that the WP OS is inevitably getting something and very soon with Win8 coming out soon. Theres an Xfinity app for XBox 360 and with the Apollo update to the phones everything should be mirrored across all windows/ms platforms.

Frequent Visitor

Well here is news for ya:

The official Windows 8 release date is Oct 26. Hopefully Windows Phone 7.8 and Windows Phone 8 are  close by. Will an Xfinity App be ready for these updates?

Also, don't laugh, I just heard that Romania has a Windows Phone HBO GO App in the marketplace. I guess at some point it will hit the States. At least then, I can get one of my Comcast channels on my phone. Hey, I can even use it as I walk pass Comcast HQ on the way to work. lol

Regular Visitor

I would have liked an xfinity app for my windows phone like yesterday...hopefully they get their stuff together because I'm getting fed up with their service.

Frequent Visitor

Hey gang, I had a problem with my DVR last night. Whenever I call Comcast I ask about emerging products and, without a miss, an app for the Windows Phone. Customer care said it is definitely in the works. I asked twice to confirm and made sure he wasn't referring to one of the other phones. We all know how that goes. So, hopefully well see some public word about this. He didn't give me a timeline. Let's keep showing our interest.

New Poster

I see there hasnt been any updates in a very long time. Will Windows Phone users ever get an app? There are millions of us and Windows Phone is set to surpass blackberry before the end of the year!

New Poster

Just switched to the Lumia 920.

Now just waiting on Comast for a app.

New Poster

The roll out for an app from comcast for windows 8 / phone platform is so long and slow its staggering. How could it take this long especially when you think of how many windows8 machines will come due to a $20-$40 upgrade not even new cpus... makes one wonder... who makes these decisions and what information do they have that makes them believe it wont be something in demand either now or in the future. is there no incentive here?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats