Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Starz on Samsung SmartTV

New Poster

Starz on Samsung SmartTV

So I go to watch Starz today on my smart tv and it says that there is a new Starz app I have to use so I download it and now I can't sign in because Xfinity or Comcast is no longer an option. Why does Xfinity/Comcast keep pulling this nonsense!? Especially since there isn't any Xfinity/Comcast app available for my TV!!!!!!!!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Starz on Samsung SmartTV

I'm surprised it took so long for your TV to update. Starz released a new app over a year or more ago for most devices, when they merged Encore by branding it StarzEncore. Comcast doesn't have an agreement with Starz for the new app. Comcast would rather you use their streaming app instead.

New Poster

Not to mention, all Comcast's new bundle include Starz, instead of HBO!, That way it keeps folks from just paying the $12-15 a month to someone else, since they don't have the agreement... There was no need to sign up for HBO b4 you were paying for it one time in the bundle and you can get it everywhere but with starz... You used to have to pay extra for a 2nd premium channel with Comcast 20 bucks a month 🙄
Problem Solver

Andy:

The O.P. most likely down-loaded the app before the changes. There is an old saying: "If it isn't broke, don't fix it."

I would assume the app has been working for him until Samsung's last update 1501 which down-loaded and installed 7/15/17. I would assume no programmer ever coded an update to the old app when it was supposed to go obsolete. Not hard to see with all the bugs in current apps taking way too long to be corrected.

I would say this customer got lucky.  Smiley Wink

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation