Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Starz movie dubbed in spanish

New Poster

Starz movie dubbed in spanish

On the xfinity app it seems that 21 Jump Street is in spanish. It would be awesome if this is fixed soon b/c its a great movie Smiley Happy
Frequent Visitor

Re: Everything dubbed in Spanish, help!

Then Fix you stupid app

Tags (1)
Official Employee

packetl0ss wrote:

Then Fix you stupid app

What specific videos are you referring to? I would like to further investigate this.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Starz - Movie: "Just Go With it" - doesn't say its in espanol in the Body of the text which is in english, or when you start the movie - and its going thru the initial phase of the movie - but once the video starts to play and the Actors are Speaking its in Spanish.

No matter anyways, seems the movie was removed from the line up. Its not even coming up in the search function. Good call.

New Poster

I had this same issue today with Xfinity TV app.  I started watching 21 Jump Street last night with "Play Now", played in English - went back in today to finish watching, forwarded it to where I left off last night and it was in Spanish.  It had happened a couple weeks ago too when I tried to watch Midnight in Paris - same flow; started watching one night in English and tried to watch remaining the next day, which was in Spanish. 

For this instance, I've tried signing out and signing back in, still Spanish. I've deleted the app and reinstalled, opened 21 Jump Street, fast forwarded and still in Spanish. I've cleared history, even though nothing was listed, replayed without forwarding and same result.

I am on iPhone OS 6.0, software is updated and current. v 1.12.1206271

New Poster

Same promblem, every movie is in Spanish with no English option!  Et, muppets, everything is playing in Spanish.  You need to fix this Because its not just one movie, its the entire app.

New Poster

Re: Starz movie dubbed in spanish

This is so annoying, it happens to these stars movies all the time.  I was looking forward to watching that movie tonight.

Official Employee

Emondm24 wrote:

Same promblem, every movie is in Spanish with no English option!  Et, muppets, everything is playing in Spanish.  You need to fix this Because its not just one movie, its the entire app.

Are you using the XFINITY TV Player App or the XFINITY TV App? I am using the Player app and the videos are playing in English for me.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

It happens in iphone Xfinity App, I doubt its the app, it probably something on the video editing end or by a person that works at Comcast that made a mistake and chose the movies from the wrong list. Happens to about 75% of the movies on my line up.

Official Employee

whocares321 wrote:

It happens in iphone Xfinity App, I doubt its the app, it probably something on the video editing end or by a person that works at Comcast that made a mistake and chose the movies from the wrong list. Happens to about 75% of the movies on my line up.

Please try using thr XFINITY TV Player App and let me know if you are still seeing this issue:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xfinity-tv-player/id552293383?mt=8

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Has anyone figured this out???  Just spent over an hour on the phone with them and all three do is keep passing me around.  No one knows anything!!

New Poster

Why have more than one application Joe? Why not have all Play Now, XOD, DVR function on one app, including choice for English and Spanish?  

Based on user star rating and reviews, I'll stick with not watching Stars programs on "TV App" rather than "TV Player App". 

New Poster

All children's movies in starz and encore are in Spanish. What is the problem here?

New Poster

I have the same probelm.  Any movie I try from the Play Now option from Encore or Starz is in Spanish.  How do I switch to English please?

Official Employee

Rad11 wrote:

I have the same probelm.  Any movie I try from the Play Now option from Encore or Starz is in Spanish.  How do I switch to English please?

Are you using the Xfinity TV App or the Xfinity TV Player App?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am using the Xfinity TV App.  Please dont tell me to go and install the Xfinity TV Player App and to use that instead of the Xfinity TV App.  The problem here is with the Xfinity TV App, the movies for Encore and Starz are all playing in Spanish and should be default English, please rectify and let me know when done.

Official Employee

Rad11 wrote:

I am using the Xfinity TV App.  Please dont tell me to go and install the Xfinity TV Player App and to use that instead of the Xfinity TV App.  The problem here is with the Xfinity TV App, the movies for Encore and Starz are all playing in Spanish and should be default English, please rectify and let me know when done.

We are in the process of moving all Play Now videos to the XFINITY TV Player App. We are soon releasing messaging in the XFINITY TV App that Play Now will no longer be available in that app.

Having two apps opposed to having one app with everything in one will help improve both apps performance.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

same problem.  I have starz shows in Spanish, why is that?  What can I do to watch them in English?

New Poster

same problem.  

New Poster

great, but your service level when someone (which is most people) want to watch something in english, and all we find is spanish, is annoying.  I just don't want to use Comcast anymore, the problems are always there, and I am frustrated.

Official Employee

dknight844 wrote:

same problem.  I have starz shows in Spanish, why is that?  What can I do to watch them in English?

Which app are you referring to? Are you using the Xfinity TV App or the Xfinity TV Player App?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

So it appears this issue with Starz / Encore only being available in Spanish is not new.  This thread goes back to 2012 and has the same messages and frustrations as the April 2013 thread.  Joe, can you provide new guidance?  This makes the App almost useless for On Demand viewing of these premium channel shows.

New Poster

Me too - using the android app though. Had to pause watching Moneyball and when I went back to it only the spanish dub version was available. This was on a downloaded movie, and for the first hour everything worked fine.

Any suggestions?

Official Employee

raboKarabekian4 wrote:

Me too - using the android app though. Had to pause watching Moneyball and when I went back to it only the spanish dub version was available. This was on a downloaded movie, and for the first hour everything worked fine.

Any suggestions?

Make sure that you didn't accidentally hit the language button on the bottom-right hand corner during playback.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Every time I turn to Starz on my TV it is in spanish started about 2 weeks ago. Swith back to english please

New Poster

I'm using the Peel Remote App and accidentally hit the far right green button. This changed the language from English to Spanish. Perhaps this is the cause of the problem for many. These colored buttons aren't labeled! It would help if they were. I was really annoyed until I just happened to discover the cause. 

New Poster

We had problem on all of our boxes. Had to go to main menu, setup, audio setup, then turn off descriptive video services so it will default English for audio track

Contributor

Snakeman2199 wrote:

We had problem on all of our boxes. Had to go to main menu, setup, audio setup, then turn off descriptive video services so it will default English for audio track

Thanks for a solution to this problem. I've had this issue for a couple of months with On Demand movies. It was hit and miss with various movies, finally becoming more frequent. Decided to search for a solution. Your straightforward instructions worked. 

New Poster

The show Power
New Poster

Hi. Every movie I watch on Demand is dubbed in Spanish. The captions are still in Englsih, Some of these are movies I have watched before in English. I went to the same movies and now they are in Spanish, with no option for English. I am not using the app, just tv on demand. Movies from every channel are doing this. Live Tv is still in English. This is very frustrating! What can I do? Also, a lot of the Starz movies are dubbed in Spanish but not on the Spanish channels.

Official Employee

Hi shan9 and Rahnzi1, are you still having issues with Video on Demand Dubbed in spanish?

Thank you

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

You keep saying that like it ain't the same thing
New Poster

Has there been any resolution to some Starz shows playing in Spanish?   I am using the new xfinity tv app and the Starz Series "Power" only plays in Spanish starting in the middle of season 2.  

Official Employee

Limbo71 wrote:

Has there been any resolution to some Starz shows playing in Spanish?   I am using the new xfinity tv app and the Starz Series "Power" only plays in Spanish starting in the middle of season 2.  

I just checked several episodes and can't reproduce the issue. Please go to "Settings" (gear icon in main menu) and click on "Accessibility" to ensure that Video Description and SAP are both turned off.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Yes both are turned off.   Try episode 6 of season 2.   Some episodes allow to switch languages but others don't.  

Official Employee

Limbo71 wrote:

Yes both are turned off.   Try episode 6 of season 2.   Some episodes allow to switch languages but others don't.  

I'm stumped. No Spanish for me on any version of Power S2 Ep6 (the SD/HD in-home versions and the TV Go version). There is an "SAP" icon on the video player which allows me to turn it on/off and switch languages. Is that also turned off?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Bronze Problem Solver

Limbo71 wrote:

I just tried E6S2 and it was in english except when the actors were speaking spanish and they added sub titles. I was able to select SAP and got spanish, but all the voices were different.

New Poster

I am using the new xfinity tv app.   The tv go app is no longer available on the App Store.  The sap button does not come up on my player for this episode and other episodes.   

Bronze Problem Solver

Limbo71 wrote:

I am using the new xfinity tv app.   The tv go app is no longer available on the App Store.  The sap button does not come up on my player for this episode and other episodes.   

I used the new tv app as well. SAP selector is in lower right while watching next to CC selector.

Bronze Problem Solver

m.venanzi wrote:

Limbo71 wrote:

I used the new tv app as well. SAP selector is in lower right while watching next to CC selector.

What version of the app are you using? I have 3.9.0.036. It was updated not long ago

New Poster

Weird.  I'm using version 3.9.1.664.   The sap button is grayed out on mine and can't be selected for certain episodes.  I tried on another iPad using the old tv go app and I get only Spanish on that one as well.   Could it be different by region?  I'm in CA.   

Bronze Problem Solver

Limbo71 wrote:

Weird.  I'm using version 3.9.1.664.   The sap button is grayed out on mine and can't be selected for certain episodes.  I tried on another iPad using the old tv go app and I get only Spanish on that one as well.   Could it be different by region?  I'm in CA.   

Oh iPad, I'm using android. ComcastDan, do you have an ios device?

Edit: I'm in MA

Official Employee

m.venanzi wrote:

Limbo71 wrote:

Oh iPad, I'm using android. ComcastDan, do you have an ios device?

I'm on iOS.  Tested on both iPhone and iPad Pro.

Sorry if you already answered this but are you watching the version labeled "TV Go" (the version you can watch out of home) or the in-home version of the show?  I tested all 3 but might help narrow down to know.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Yes, I tried the tv go version.   It's the only one that's not grayed out.   I noticed that some episodes have two tv go options.  One is for English.  The other is in Spanish.  However, for certain episodes like s2e6, there's only one option and it ends up being Spanish with no option to switch.  

Bronze Problem Solver

Limbo71 wrote:

Yes, I tried the tv go version.   It's the only one that's not grayed out.   I noticed that some episodes have two tv go options.  One is for English.  The other is in Spanish.  However, for certain episodes like s2e6, there's only one option and it ends up being Spanish with no option to switch.  

I only get 1 tvgo for that episode also, but its in english with SAP selector that works, and CC selctor thats grayed

Bronze Problem Solver

m.venanzi wrote:

Limbo71 wrote:

I only get 1 tvgo for that episode also, but its in english with SAP selector that works, and CC selctor thats grayed

Another oddity, when I get to choose which version to watch, they all say different run times, yet when I play it the show is always 1:01 in length. On demand hd 78mins, on demand std 89mins. tvgo 38mins

New Poster

So it appears there is still no fix for this? I am having same issue and can't get it solved.
New Poster

Press the xfinity button on the remote control and the menu will show at the bottom of the screen. It says, Guide/saved/on demand/search/apps and then there's a little wheel icon. Highlight that icon and press enter. Scroll down to language and press enter. Scroll down to "SAP language" and press enter, then select English.
Bronze Problem Solver

Steve4U wrote:
Press the xfinity button on the remote control and the menu will show at the bottom of the screen. It says, Guide/saved/on demand/search/apps and then there's a little wheel icon. Highlight that icon and press enter. Scroll down to language and press enter. Scroll down to "SAP language" and press enter, then select English.

This doesn't help while streaming over the web site

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats