Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Starz Roku

Frequent Visitor

Starz Roku

Why is the video quality so poor trying to watch Outlander using On Demand on Roku? Only happens on Starz programming. Also, why does On Demand have all four seasons of Battlestar Galactica but only two seasons on Roku? If we're going to be charged for Roku at some point, shouldn't Roku have the same functionality as a set top box for the most part?
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Starz Roku

homerdog_99 wrote:
Why is the video quality so poor trying to watch Outlander using On Demand on Roku? Only happens on Starz programming. Also, why does On Demand have all four seasons of Battlestar Galactica but only two seasons on Roku? If we're going to be charged for Roku at some point, shouldn't Roku have the same functionality as a set top box for the most part?

Comcast doesn't control what's on roku

Frequent Visitor

I may have confused some folks, but I'm using the XFINITY app on Roku, so Comcast does control the quality in this case. I saw other posts with the same issue but I don't recall seeing a definitive answer from a Comcast employee.
Bronze Problem Solver

homerdog_99 wrote:
They do in this case since I'm accessing via the XFINITY roku app.

Sorry, I was thinking netfix on X1

Frequent Visitor

I must have replied while you were editing you're initial response. I'm hoping a Comcast employee chimes in to explain why Starz streaming quality is so poor when using the XFINITY app on Roku.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation