Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Starz App stopped working after updating iPad to iOS 9.3

New Poster

Starz App stopped working after updating iPad to iOS 9.3

Starz App stopped working after updating iPad to iOS 9.3and neither Comcast or xFinity is listed as a tv provider. What happened?

Regular Visitor

Re: Starz App stopped working after updating iPad to iOS 9.3

Spoke with customer service and when Starz and Encore merged they did not come to an agreement with comcast. I'm so frustrated about this. It has nothing to do with the update, just the timing of the agreement. 

Regular Visitor

From Starzplay Support:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. It is Starz’s goal to continue to provide our award winning programming to subscribers whenever and wherever they want it. At this time Comcast has opted not to allow their subscriber’s access to STARZ Play on the Android TV platform. We encourage you to reach out to Comcast for further information.

------

same issue on iPad

Official Employee

DJ2016 wrote:

Starz App stopped working after updating iPad to iOS 9.3and neither Comcast or xFinity is listed as a tv provider. What happened?

Apologies. The latest version of the Starz Play, Encore Play and Movieplex Play websites and apps no longer support authentication by XFINITY TV customers.

Customers are still able to enjoy all of the same content (at no additional charge) using the XFINITY TV at https://xtv.comcast.net/ or XFINITY TV Go http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/ websites and mobile apps.

More info here: http://my.xfinity.com/learn/xfinitytvgo/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Wow, that's unfortunate. The Xfinity app for iOS is significantly less stable than the Starz app.
New Poster

Hi,

This is terrible.  The Xfinity to go app is no where near as good as the Starz App, and the worst part is that you don't support Chromecast.  Please tell me that there is hope that you will soon support either Chromecast or go back to a deal with Starz App.

When i travel, I carry my chromecast so that I can watch my programming on a TV instead of an IPAD.

Is there any hope for you to come to a resolution with Starz?  You are the only provider that is not.

Or at least that you will support Chromecast?

Thank you,

Regular Contributor

Please stop saying that all the same content is on the Xfinity app. It is not, and you cannot airplay that app. I pay for Starz and Encore and Movieplex. I want the native app to work with my Comcast login.

Service Expert
Moved:

Visitor

Same with Amazon Fire Stick. I was using the app fine on Sunday and now today it doesn't work. Using the Xfinity website is NOT the same. Maybe if there was an Amazon app for it, but I don't want to watch on my computer. Disappointing.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 in conversation