Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Sports Entertainment Package

ANSWERED
New Poster

Sports Entertainment Package

Can Someone from Comcast (or anyone) give me a little better insight on packages and how they vary amongst different zones. I am located in Philadelphia, Zipcode 19127.

I am on the starter package for channels but was told by 3 different reps, (2 in store, 1 on the phone) that if I have the starter package and add the Sports Entertainment Package, that I would be receiving the Big 10 Network (BTN). After a week of back and forth going into stores, calling to "troubleshoot" a rep on the onlince chat tells me that BTN is not offered with my Sports Entertainment Package, and that I would need to get Preferred. 

Which is fine, if I did not waste so much time trying to get the channel the other way. The store rep even reccomended I do it the way of getting the Starter package and adding the sports package to save money, after I said I will just change my plan to the preferred.

I guess my question is, can I get a list of channels included for the sports package in 19127?

and another would be, Why does it vary from the in store channel list that an in store rep printed for me? An in store sales rep looked up my zip code, printed me a channel list for "Philadelphia area Zone 3/4" and under "Sports Entertainment Package" said BTN was included in the package.

Thank You for your time and any insight.

Accepted Solution

Re: Sports Entertainment Package

Hi, chrisw9061. You would need to upgrade to Digital Preferred to receive BTN in your area. The following networks are available as part of our Sports and Entertainment Package in your area:

• Country Music Television - 146
  • Crime & Investigation Network - 159
  • Military History Channel - 178
  • MavTV - 192
  • beIN Sports En Español - 583
  • ESPN Goal Line, Buzzer Beater and Bases Loaded - 713
  • Pac-12 Network - 716
  • ESPN Classic - 723
  • beIN Sports - 726
  • World Fishing Network (US) - 727
  • NFL RedZone - 734
  • NFL RedZone HD - 861
  • Country Music Television HD - 883
  • World Fishing Network HD (US) - 1238
  • MavTV HD - 1242
View answer in context
Problem Solver

In my area BTN is included on the Sports and entertainment package.

but I'm in central california.

Problem Solver

If you're in the state of Pennsylvania, you should only need Digital Starter to access the Big Ten Network (BTN).

New Poster

drhull wrote:

If you're in the state of Pennsylvania, you should only need Digital Starter to access the Big Ten Network (BTN).

That is what the first in store rep told me when I signed up for service and picked up the box,

When I returned to the store, the second in store rep told me to add the sports package and that will do it.

After it still was a no go, I called comcast, and the rep on the phone said this was a "head scratcher" and she did some refresh thing and told me to wait an hour. After still not having the channel I decided to go on to the online chat today at work, where a rep told me that I was misinformed by the 3 previous people and the only way to get BTN was by getting the Digital Preferred.

So I am just a little confused by what is correct.

Official Employee

Hi, chrisw9061. You would need to upgrade to Digital Preferred to receive BTN in your area. The following networks are available as part of our Sports and Entertainment Package in your area:

• Country Music Television - 146
  • Crime & Investigation Network - 159
  • Military History Channel - 178
  • MavTV - 192
  • beIN Sports En Español - 583
  • ESPN Goal Line, Buzzer Beater and Bases Loaded - 713
  • Pac-12 Network - 716
  • ESPN Classic - 723
  • beIN Sports - 726
  • World Fishing Network (US) - 727
  • NFL RedZone - 734
  • NFL RedZone HD - 861
  • Country Music Television HD - 883
  • World Fishing Network HD (US) - 1238
  • MavTV HD - 1242

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation