Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Sports Entertainment Package and the Pac-12 Networks

New Poster

Sports Entertainment Package and the Pac-12 Networks

I just purchased the Sports Entertainment package today and from my understanding it was supposed to come with all the regional channels for the Pac-12 network (Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Utah and Colorado). When I go onto my TV guide it only provides me with the basic Pac-12 network on channel 720 and a non HD Oregon regional channel on channel 420. From the pac-12 website it states the information I listed above (Pac-12 link). I tried contacting support and she had no clue what I was talking about. Does anyone here know whether you're supposed to get all regional channels for the Pac-12 network with the Sports and entertainment package.

Official Employee

Re: Sports Entertainment Package and the Pac-12 Networks

motherman22 wrote:

I just purchased the Sports Entertainment package today and from my understanding it was supposed to come with all the regional channels for the Pac-12 network (Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Utah and Colorado). When I go onto my TV guide it only provides me with the basic Pac-12 network on channel 720 and a non HD Oregon regional channel on channel 420. From the pac-12 website it states the information I listed above (Pac-12 link). I tried contacting support and she had no clue what I was talking about. Does anyone here know whether you're supposed to get all regional channels for the Pac-12 network with the Sports and entertainment package.

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused. 

Each of the in-market regional PAC12 Networks will be available on TV (one regional network in each geographic area), but they will be in an SD format.

The PAC12 National Feed will be in HD.

The PAC12 expects to put football, basketball, baseball on the national feed. The regional feed will include more of the other sports. 

In your area, PAC12 Oregon can be viewed on channel 420 and the PAC12 National Feed can be seen on channel 421 and in HD on channel 720. 

All of the PAC12 regional channels (Arizona, Bay Area, Los Angeles, Mountain, Oregon, Washington) can be viewed online or on a mobile device with the XFINITY TV app (provided you have PAC12 in your level of service, which you do).  

Watch live online: https://tv.xfinity.com/

Mobile App info for XFINITY TV:  http://www.xfinity.com/apps

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

This isn't true.  In Central CA--equal distance from LA to Bay Area, we only get Pac-12 Bay Area on HD.  We get regular Pac 12 and Pac 12 Bay Area on SD.  I pay for these channels.  I would like to get Pac12 in HD in addition, I would like to get Pac 12 SoCal because not only are we more interested in SoCal, our high school sports leagues in Fresno are associated with SoCal schools for the CIF state championships, not NoCal.  I HATE this and want to know who to complain to--is this an Xfinity problem or a Pac 12 designation.  Seems like we should get all  of the choices.  So today, I am watching the USC and UCLA games in SD.  Bah!

Official Employee

dhonda1 wrote:

This isn't true.  In Central CA--equal distance from LA to Bay Area, we only get Pac-12 Bay Area on HD.  We get regular Pac 12 and Pac 12 Bay Area on SD.  I pay for these channels.  I would like to get Pac12 in HD in addition, I would like to get Pac 12 SoCal because not only are we more interested in SoCal, our high school sports leagues in Fresno are associated with SoCal schools for the CIF state championships, not NoCal.  I HATE this and want to know who to complain to--is this an Xfinity problem or a Pac 12 designation.  Seems like we should get all  of the choices.  So today, I am watching the USC and UCLA games in SD.  Bah!

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused. 

Each of the in-market regional PAC12 Networks will be available on TV (one regional network in each geographic area), but they will be in an SD format.
The PAC12 National Feed will be in HD.

The PAC12 expects to put football, basketball, baseball on the national feed. The regional feed will include more of the other sports.

In your area of Fresno, PAC12 Bay Area can be viewed on channel 433 and the PAC12 National Feed can be seen on channel 434 and in HD on channel 823. Is this not what you are seeing? 

All of the PAC12 regional channels (Arizona, Bay Area, Los Angeles, Mountain, Oregon, Washington) can be viewed online or on a mobile device with the XFINITY TV app (provided you have PAC12 in your level of service, which you do).

Watch live online: https://tv.xfinity.com/

Mobile App info for XFINITY TV: http://www.xfinity.com/apps

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee
Moved:

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation