Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Sound but no video

Regular Visitor

Sound but no video

Hello, Every time I try to use the Xfinity TV online service = EPIC FAIL!  I have searched and tried all of the previously suggested solutions that I found but no go.  Shows will load, and I can hear the soundtrack, the player screen only shows "Starting Playback" with the animated blue flashers underneath.  System and software info below.  I do not have any of the listed trouble causing FF add-ons installed.  Netflix, HULU, and all other online players function properly with my current system and browser configs.  I have been troubleshooting this problem for 4+ hrs. now.

My operating system: Mac - rv:10.0.2 My web browser: Firefox 10 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2 My system type: Early 2008 17" MacBook Pro My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Plugins: DivX VOD Flip4Mac Java MoveNetworks Quantum Media Player Quicktime SharePoint Shockwave Flash Silverlight

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Sound but no video

2006S204 wrote:

Hello, Every time I try to use the Xfinity TV online service = EPIC FAIL!  I have searched and tried all of the previously suggested solutions that I found but no go.  Shows will load, and I can hear the soundtrack, the player screen only shows "Starting Playback" with the animated blue flashers underneath.  System and software info below.  I do not have any of the listed trouble causing FF add-ons installed.  Netflix, HULU, and all other online players function properly with my current system and browser configs.  I have been troubleshooting this problem for 4+ hrs. now.

My operating system: Mac - rv:10.0.2 My web browser: Firefox 10 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2 My system type: Early 2008 17" MacBook Pro My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Plugins: DivX VOD Flip4Mac Java MoveNetworks Quantum Media Player Quicktime SharePoint Shockwave Flash Silverlight

What video(s) are giving you these issues?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the prompt reply.  After a few more hours of search and apply, I have all the different network vidoes playing properly EXCEPT those from CBS.  I made a CBS specific search, but only found one thread pertaining to IE8 which included one post from someone claiming the same problem while using a recently updated version of Firefox (not sure which one).  That thread did not contain any solution to my current problem.  I am able to play episodes from the CBS.com page.  So, the short answer to your question is anything from CBS.

Also, is there any reason that I should keep the MoveNetworks plugin?  The only reason I installed it was to view ABC (IIRC) videos on Xfinity TV Online.  I prefer to keep my system free of unused items an would like to trash it if no longer needed.

Thanks again, and best regards,

2006S204

Official Employee

2006S204 wrote:

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the prompt reply.  After a few more hours of search and apply, I have all the different network vidoes playing properly EXCEPT those from CBS.  I made a CBS specific search, but only found one thread pertaining to IE8 which included one post from someone claiming the same problem while using a recently updated version of Firefox (not sure which one).  That thread did not contain any solution to my current problem.  I am able to play episodes from the CBS.com page.  So, the short answer to your question is anything from CBS.

Also, is there any reason that I should keep the MoveNetworks plugin?  The only reason I installed it was to view ABC (IIRC) videos on Xfinity TV Online.  I prefer to keep my system free of unused items an would like to trash it if no longer needed.

Thanks again, and best regards,

2006S204

You no longer need Move installed but only CBS videos not having sound is strange.

What happens when you click the speaker button on the bottom right of a CBS video?

Also, please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you. Please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Hi Joe,

Thanks again for a prompt response. If you re-read my first post, you will find that I have already posted the info you requested, and that I can hear the soundtrack, but can't see the video.......

Official Employee

2006S204 wrote:

Hi Joe,

Thanks again for a prompt response. If you re-read my first post, you will find that I have already posted the info you requested, and that I can hear the soundtrack, but can't see the video.......

Haver you tried using another browser like Google Chrome or Safari?

This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation