Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Something occurred with the TV listings. I used to be able to locate Channel 198.

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Something occurred with the TV listings. I used to be able to locate Channel 198.

What happened to my TV listings?  There used to be a listing of all channels, including Channel 198, which I favor, and now all that shows is Olympics, which has not interested me and which I have not requested!  How do I get once again the TV listings?

Also, why am I not able to record Montelbano, that is scheduled on Channel 198 Sunday evenings at 6 p.m.?

Accepted Solution

Re: Something occurred with the TV listings. I used to be able to locate Channel 198

Try turning off and on any filter on the left hand side of the page (movies, sports or kids). I the olympics filter is stuck on for some reason. Applying any other filter should fix it.

View answer in context
New Poster

Re: Something occurred with the TV listings. I used to be able to locate Channel 198

I am having the same problem and I contacted Comcast customer service online and nothing has changed.  I like the entire list of channels not everything broken into Kids, Movies, and Sports which I do not use very often.  I am a series person with several shows and they do not appear in the listings.  I did not agree to this change nor was I asked which is very frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

This is absurd.  Why is Comcast not able to resolve this?  Doesn't Comcast look at these postings?

Official Employee

dorseymct wrote:

This is absurd.  Why is Comcast not able to resolve this?  Doesn't Comcast look at these postings?

Please make sure that all of the filters are off. On the left hand side of the grid, if any of those filters are highlightedblue, click them again to turn them off.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

There is no listing of channels; that is the problem.  There are just headiings, such as "Movies," "Favorites," "Sports," etc.  There is no blue column.

Why did you change what I had before, where all I had to do was locate the channel, pick the time and program, and record?

Official Employee

dorseymct wrote:

Joe,

There is no listing of channels; that is the problem.  There are just headiings, such as "Movies," "Favorites," "Sports," etc.  There is no blue column.

Why did you change what I had before, where all I had to do was locate the channel, pick the time and program, and record?

Try deleting the app and then install it again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Good gravy, Joe!  I did not install it in the first place; I thought it was a Comcast site.  I don't have the installation software.

Are you with Comcast?  Can a representative call me?  If not, I am not interested in continuing to waste this kind of time to achieve nothing.

Official Employee

Try turning off and on any filter on the left hand side of the page (movies, sports or kids). I the olympics filter is stuck on for some reason. Applying any other filter should fix it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

dorseymct wrote:

Good gravy, Joe!  I did not install it in the first place; I thought it was a Comcast site.  I don't have the installation software.

Are you with Comcast?  Can a representative call me?  If not, I am not interested in continuing to waste this kind of time to achieve nothing.

I am so sorry. I thought this was in the XfinityTV Mobile App thread for some reason. I have no idea why I thought that. Sorry

Please try ComcastDaniel's advice and let us know the results.

Sorry again,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Voila!  Comcast Daniel did it!

Thank you, Daniel.  

And Joe, for trying.

Admittedly, it was getting exasperating.  Why-oh-why does Comcast change setups to which we have become familiar?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation