Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Some episodes of various shows have out of sync audio

Regular Contributor

Some episodes of various shows have out of sync audio

The above subject says it all, since ComcastZach directed me to the new TV interface I've run into half a dozen episodes that when they play have out of sync audio and video. The below is a link to one such episode.

https://xtv.comcast.net/Chicago-Med/series/episodes/entity/detail/program/8533169522880832112

Problem Solver

Re: Some episodes of various shows have out of sync audio

Interesting Norm, I was watching ChiMed this afternoon, it was a less than desirable viewing.  Thought it was my pc.   I tried your link, and this is what I was directed to.  Is this correct?  ciao, bj

xfinity time to name device.PNG

Problem Solver

Regular Contributor

BlueJay:

I had assumed that the url would take you to the actual episode but apparently on the new xtv.comcast.net the url does not represent the actual episode that is playing, I have no idea how they can diagnose a problem when the user can't provide a working url to the problematic episode.

In a case that I just encountered now with the series Heartbeat when you go to play the latest episode Permanent Glitter, you get three options:

TV Go 43 Minutes

On Demand 61 Minutes

On Demand 61 Minutes

I have no idea why I'm presented with two On Demand options but since I'm not sure if selecting the "On Demand" option involves a separate charge on my bill I try and always select the TV Go option. In this case the episode has the audio sync problem, you can see it if you go to xtv.comcast.net and find Heartbeat and that episode and select the TV Go option. So when my only options like this Heartbeat episode are TV Go and that has audio sync problems then I go back to the old streaming system and try and play it there. I may have ad issues during playback but no audio sync problem.

In some cases like the episode I first posted about (which I now can't remember the show and name of) there were two On Demand options and two TV Go options, when the first had that audio sync problem I tried the second and that actually worked.

Problem Solver

There are 2 On Demand options because one is HD the other is SD quality.  Also there wouldn't be a separate charge on your bill since the XTV portal looks like it doesn't even show movies that are for rent.

Watching anything that is marked TV Go on the XTV portal counts against your Comcast data plan if you are in a market that has data limits, on Demand does not.

And finally, the link you supplied does work, it just didn't work for BlueJay most likely due to it was the first time he visited the XTV portal from the computer he was on.

Regular Contributor

HowAboutThisOne:

Ok, that makes sense but I really couldn't see a difference between the two but when I look a little closer I can see a small white box that says "HD" in one but not the other.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation