Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

So much for advanced tech support

Frequent Visitor

So much for advanced tech support

I havent been able to stream live tv for a week.  I used support chat twice and both times they told me they would "refresh the UDB" and that live tv streaming would be working in an hour.  After that didnt work either time I was told that someone from advanced tech support would call me between 9am and 12 today.  Its now 12:50 and still no call.  So glad that I wasted my morning waiting for them to call.

All I really need is for someone to admit that theres a problem and that theyre working on it.  Nobody seems to know whats going on and they act like this issue has never happened before.  Its been going on for quite some time.  Why cant you tell your paying customers that theres an issue and youre doing your best to resolve the problem?????????

Regular Contributor

Re: So much for advanced tech support

BillWil wrote:

I havent been able to stream live tv for a week.  I used support chat twice and both times they told me they would "refresh the UDB" and that live tv streaming would be working in an hour.  After that didnt work either time I was told that someone from advanced tech support would call me between 9am and 12 today.  Its now 12:50 and still no call.  So glad that I wasted my morning waiting for them to call.

All I really need is for someone to admit that theres a problem and that theyre working on it.  Nobody seems to know whats going on and they act like this issue has never happened before.  Its been going on for quite some time.  Why cant you tell your paying customers that theres an issue and youre doing your best to resolve the problem?????????

I hate it when there is a problem with my Comcast service, and I have to call support knowing this is how it will go. The first person goes through some generic fixes - reboot the box, clear the cache, etc. They don't have a clue, even if I am later told it was a known issue. Then they send you to tier 2, where they may or may know about the problem. If they don't have a clue either, they tell you that someone from tier 3 will call you back within 24 or 48 hours, or whatever. Most of the time I have been told this, it was a lie, and nobody ever calls back. So I have to start all over again. Most often it is around half an hour of your time, and the problem may not be fixed.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation