Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Simpsons World content unavailable

Frequent Visitor

Simpsons World content unavailable

I was able to watch two episodes of the Simpsons on simpsonsworld.com via FXX but upon trying to watch the third episode I get either the following error message:

We apologize, but FXX content on Simpsons World is not currently available through your TV Provider,

or may be limited by your TV subscription package. Please contact your TV Provider for more information.

Contact your TV provider to find out if you can get hit comedies, provocative originals, blockbuster movies and great late night entertainment from FXX.

or I get a voice saying "This content is currently unavailble", depending on what browser I use.

Seems odd that I was able to watch two episodes and then it changed it's mind.

New Poster

Re: Simpsons World content unavailable

When did this stop working for you? I actually run into this a lot - I'll be watching a few episodes, and then the next fails with that message.

I've noticed that if the episode STARTS between 6 PM and Midnight, then the message appears. From doing some testing, it looks like FX NOW/Simpsons World passes a request back to Comcast's authorization server, which returns 'false' if hit during those times.

Honestly, it looks like Comcast is blocking access to some streaming services during peak hours. I've tried to communicate with them about it, but the technical staff I've worked with have seemed either unable or unwilling to assist.

New Poster

Have you guys found a solution? I'm able to watch online, but not via the FXNOW app through my samsung TV. Do you guys know what the deal is with that?

Admin1

Hello All,

We are seeing a trend with that problem. I have escalated these situations to see if there is a fix in place. 

Thank You

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation