Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Silverlight

ANSWERED
New Poster

Silverlight

I try to watch a movie or tv show on Xfinity and the screen says Silverlight needs to be installed.  When I try to install it, the screen says this version of silverlight is alreay installed.  Then nothing happens and I can't view the movie.  Do I have something set up wrong?

Accepted Solution

Re: Silverlight

I found that the Silverlight plug-in was disabled in the browser.  I enabled it and now it works.  Thank you for your timely respsone.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

try clearing your cache and cookies then try again.  If not try a different browswer or delete and reinstall silverlight.

New Poster

I found that the Silverlight plug-in was disabled in the browser.  I enabled it and now it works.  Thank you for your timely respsone.

New Poster

Un-Install Silverlight than reinstall.

Regular Visitor

It won't even let me install Silverlight, saying I don't have a 64 bit compatible system, which is not true because I have a 64 bit version of Windows.

New Poster

This sounds like the same problem I have. Can you tell me how to enable silverlight in google chrome?

Official Employee

Katherine1099 wrote:

This sounds like the same problem I have. Can you tell me how to enable silverlight in google chrome?

Go to chrome://plugins/ and enable the "Silverlight" plug-in.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I went to chrome://plugins and enabled the Silverlight plug-in, but it is still having the same problem.  What else should I do?

Official Employee

After installing the upgrade from XFINITYTV.com, you must restart your computer. Please install it and then reboot your computer and try the video again.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. I cannot upgrade silverlight when that window opens as it's already installed. I've enabled all plugins and still nothing. I can watch Netflix,  and other things. Help!

New Poster

Having the same problem, tried chrome and ie...un-installing SL and re-installing SL----.but to no avail----something is screwy on Comcast's end me thinks.

New Poster

I have the Silverlight plug-in enabled.  I have removed all the cache, uninstalled and installed and STILL can not watch the videos on xfinityTV.  What is wrong??????

New Poster

Having the same issue as well. Running most current version of silverlight, have tried uninstall and reinstall, cleared cache, etc. Problem is still there. Other sights using silverlight work fine, this isn't on my end.

New Poster

Im having the same issue i have uninstalled and reinstalled silverlight 5.1.10411.

Here is my info from xfinitytv.com/computer:

:

My Zip Code:80229My Cable Provider:Comcast Denver Metro DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:activatedMy Set Top Box Names:BedRoom, LivingroomMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:UnknownMy public IP address:71.196.230.226My operating system:Windows -  Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10411.0My flash version:11.2 r202Javascript:enabled

Cookies:enabledMy Account Information

Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, e, aj, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

can't get Chrome or IE to work

New Poster

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 12 in conversation