Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Silverlight still not working.....

Frequent Visitor

Silverlight still not working.....

I'm having the same problem as all of the others trying to download the new versions of Silverlight in order to watch Xfinity content on my Mac (I'm in OS 10.6.8/Safari 5.1.7).  I've deleted all previous versions of Silverlight at least a dozen times and downloaded from the Xfinity site as well as the Microsoft site.  Nothing

seems to work.  I've read all of the posts and tried all previous "fixes".  Please help.....

Also, why would Comcast use a system that causes so many customers so many problems???

Kdunn6 

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Silverlight still not working.....

kdunn6 wrote:

I'm having the same problem as all of the others trying to download the new versions of Silverlight in order to watch Xfinity content on my Mac (I'm in OS 10.6.8/Safari 5.1.7).  I've deleted all previous versions of Silverlight at least a dozen times and downloaded from the Xfinity site as well as the Microsoft site.  Nothing

seems to work.  I've read all of the posts and tried all previous "fixes".  Please help.....

Also, why would Comcast use a system that causes so many customers so many problems???

Kdunn6 

After you download Silverlight from Xfinitytv.com, what message is appearing when trying to watch a video?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

It keeps telling me to download Silverlight....but I just did (many times!)

Frequent Visitor

Update:  Now it's saying my Silverlight Plug-in is installing.  When it finishes, page will refresh and playback (Game of Thrones) will start.  That was about 5 minutes ago.  Nothings happening so far...there's no progress meter anywhere that I can find.  I've gotten this far before a few times, but playback never starts.  I'm leaving that window open to see if anything changes.... 

Kim

Frequent Visitor

Update:  45 mins later....nothing happened.  No new message.

Official Employee

kdunn6 wrote:

Update:  45 mins later....nothing happened.  No new message.

Please completly remove Silverlight from your computer again and then download a new version of Silverlight from here.

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then please try again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Just tried your link and it took me to an internal Comcast page with sign-in....it didn't take my Comcast id and password.  Now what?

PS:  While I was re-removing the Silverlight stuff, I came across something called Comcast Access Pkg....should that be there?

Please advise next steps.

Kim

Official Employee

kdunn6 wrote:

Just tried your link and it took me to an internal Comcast page with sign-in....it didn't take my Comcast id and password (kdunn6/disklost).  Now what?

PS:  While I was re-removing the Silverlight stuff, I came across something called Comcast Access Pkg....should that be there?

Please advise next steps.

Kim

Sorry, that was the wrong link.

Can you please try that link again. I have updated it.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Still nothing....I installed the download from your link, restarted my computer, logged on to Xfinity, selected a program.  Then, I got the same, "you're almost ready, download the plug-in, which I did.  It said it would refresh and playback would begin....and it didn't.  

What am I missing....can you give me step by step instructions?  I have no other access to the shows that I pay over $200.00 per month to watch....my renters are enjoying my deluxe cable package and I watch on my computer -- which works perfectly, until it doesn't!

Kim

Official Employee

kdunn6 wrote:

Still nothing....I installed the download from your link, restarted my computer, logged on to Xfinity, selected a program.  Then, I got the same, "you're almost ready, download the plug-in, which I did.  It said it would refresh and playback would begin....and it didn't.  

What am I missing....can you give me step by step instructions?  I have no other access to the shows that I pay over $200.00 per month to watch....my renters are enjoying my deluxe cable package and I watch on my computer -- which works perfectly, until it doesn't!

Kim

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Joe:  here's the info you requested....

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.91.97.223 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Safari 5.1 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.57.2 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/5.1.7 Safari/534.57.2 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.2 R202 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

Official Employee

kdunn6 wrote:

Joe:  here's the info you requested....

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.91.97.223 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Safari 5.1 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.57.2 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/5.1.7 Safari/534.57.2 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.2 R202 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

Can you go here and tell me what version of Silverlight it says you have installed, if any:

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

Also, what version of Mac do you have?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

I currently don't have a version of Silverlight....I've deleted it multiple times.  I have a MacBook Pro with OS X, version 10.6.8 operating system.

Kim

Official Employee

kdunn6 wrote:

Joe,

I currently don't have a version of Silverlight....I've deleted it multiple times.  I have a MacBook Pro with OS X, version 10.6.8 operating system.

Kim

Try using a different web browser besides Safari and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Hi, Joe....I downloaded Firefox and tried again.  Same result.  When I tried to watch an episode of Weeds, it said "please download the plug-in and it will refresh and start......and it didn't.

Kim

Frequent Visitor

Update:  re-did the download from the beginning on Firefox and it's FINALLY WORKING!   Will it ever work on Safari, or do I have to use a different browser just for Xfinity?

Please advie (and then I promise I'll leave you alone Smiley Happy

Kim

Official Employee

kdunn6 wrote:

Update:  re-did the download from the beginning on Firefox and it's FINALLY WORKING!   Will it ever work on Safari, or do I have to use a different browser just for Xfinity?

Please advie (and then I promise I'll leave you alone Smiley Happy

Kim

Have you tried watching videos on Safari once it started working on Firefox? Now that it is working in Firefox, it may now work on all browsers.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation