Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Silverlight not working with Xfinity Videos

Frequent Visitor

Silverlight not working with Xfinity Videos

Sometimes when I try to watch a video I get the message that I have to install the Silverlight plug-in. When I try to do this a message comes back that I already have the same version.  Here is a link to a video I recently tried.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Storage-Wars/8528689206401769112/12494915631/Portrait-of-the-Gamb...

and my device information

My Device Information My Zip Code: 94037 My Cable Provider: Comcast Half Moon Bay My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.126.207.88 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript&colon; enabled<noscript>disabled Cookies: Enabled (2745 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Dec 20 12:10:33 PST 2012 Server Clock Time: Thu Dec 20 12:10:34 PST 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: a Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: False Voice Subscriber: False
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Silverlight not working with Xfinity Videos

Scuzie wrote:

Sometimes when I try to watch a video I get the message that I have to install the Silverlight plug-in. When I try to do this a message comes back that I already have the same version.  Here is a link to a video I recently tried.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Storage-Wars/8528689206401769112/12494915631/Portrait-of-the-Gamb...

and my device information

My Device Information My Zip Code: 94037 My Cable Provider: Comcast Half Moon Bay My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.126.207.88 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript&colon; enabled<noscript>disabled Cookies: Enabled (2745 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Dec 20 12:10:33 PST 2012 Server Clock Time: Thu Dec 20 12:10:34 PST 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: a Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: False Voice Subscriber: False

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Search your computer for any Silverlight files and remove them. Then download and install Silverlight from the appropriate link below:

Windows users 

This is a patched version that fixes most video playback issues and gets you out of the "Please install/upgrade Silverlight" loop.

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Silverlight not working with Xfinity Videos

I tried this and it didn't help with the video I was trying to watch but did work with others.  This doesn't happen with every video on the comcast homepage but does happen with some.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation