Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Silverlight not working on Xfinity

New Poster

Silverlight not working on Xfinity

hi, I recently received the message on Xfinity that I need to update Silverlight. I have had issues with Silverlight in the past becaue I have Vista x64 that, for some reason, does not react well with the new Silverlight update. Anyway, it is working for Netflix but not for Xfinity, and no matter what I do, I cannot get it to work on Xfinity. Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Silverlight not working on Xfinity

SRMJohnso wrote:

hi, I recently received the message on Xfinity that I need to update Silverlight. I have had issues with Silverlight in the past becaue I have Vista x64 that, for some reason, does not react well with the new Silverlight update. Anyway, it is working for Netflix but not for Xfinity, and no matter what I do, I cannot get it to work on Xfinity. Any suggestions?

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the link below:

Windows users 

This is a patched version that fixes most video playback issues and gets you out of the "Please install/upgrade Silverlight" loop.

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hi

Could you link the 32-bit version of that patch? I'm still running window xp pro and i can not install your previously linked patch because its for 64 bit users. If there is not currently a 32-bit version, could you pass thw word along that there are still 32 bit users out there. We don't like being forgotten Smiley Happy

Thank you inadvance,

DLAnubis

Official Employee

DLAnubis wrote:

Hi

Could you link the 32-bit version of that patch? I'm still running window xp pro and i can not install your previously linked patch because its for 64 bit users. If there is not currently a 32-bit version, could you pass thw word along that there are still 32 bit users out there. We don't like being forgotten Smiley Happy

Thank you inadvance,

DLAnubis

It should work on 32-bit.

Can you please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

My Zip Code:Unknown, My Cable Provider:Unknown, My myDVR Manager Status:Not Installed,  My Set Top Box Names:Not Installed, My Queue setup:False, Facebook Queue Syncing:False, Facebook Connect:False, My public IP address:xx.xx.xxx.xx, My operating system:Windows - Undefined My web browser:Chrome 23 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.64 Safari/537.11, My system typeesktop Computer Or Other Device, My Move player version:Not Installed, My Silverlight version:5.1.10411.0, My flash version:11.5 R31,  Javascript:Enabled, Cookies:Enabled (2430 Bytes), Time Information My Clock Time:Mon Nov 12 2012 15:21:02 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Server Clock Time: Mon Nov 12 2012 15:21:07 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, Aw, Ar, Cg, Au, Bv, B, U, C, Br, Bt, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Bb, Bc, Bu, By, Bs, At, Cb, Ch, Bz, Bm, Bl, Bp, Cj, Bo, Cc, F, M, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Official Employee

DLAnubis wrote:

My Zip Code:Unknown, My Cable Provider:Unknown, My myDVR Manager Status:Not Installed,  My Set Top Box Names:Not Installed, My Queue setup:False, Facebook Queue Syncing:False, Facebook Connect:False, My public IP address:xx.xx.xxx.xx, My operating system:Windows - Undefined My web browser:Chrome 23 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.64 Safari/537.11, My system typeesktop Computer Or Other Device, My Move player version:Not Installed, My Silverlight version:5.1.10411.0, My flash version:11.5 R31,  Javascript:Enabled, Cookies:Enabled (2430 Bytes), Time Information My Clock Time:Mon Nov 12 2012 15:21:02 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Server Clock Time: Mon Nov 12 2012 15:21:07 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, Aw, Ar, Cg, Au, Bv, B, U, C, Br, Bt, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Bb, Bc, Bu, By, Bs, At, Cb, Ch, Bz, Bm, Bl, Bp, Cj, Bo, Cc, F, M, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

You have an older version of Silverlight installed and not the patched version. Please follow the instructions above to download the patched version.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

OK, so I tried your silverlight link today, and now its installing. Previously, I've never been able to complete the installation process. The only thing I've don recently is reformat my HDD last night. Maybe registry error?

Thanks for you time. Hope anyone reading this finds a better solution than reinstalling windows Smiley Happy

New Poster

I did what was suggested above and im still getting the message that I need to update/install silverlight

Official Employee

cage216 wrote:

I did what was suggested above and im still getting the message that I need to update/install silverlight

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation